tumblr_m1xxox4B3w1qb3qhko1_r2_500.gif
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Oh hell no :noway:
  • AmyOwl73
    AmyOwl73 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Most likely, yes. I'm not sure I would WANT to survive, at least during the first few weeks, but I would.

I can grow a garden, identify poisonous snakes and plants, distill water, build and tend a fire, cook over said fire, hunt (if I really had to), build a snare, catch and clean a fish, sew by hand, knit/crochet but I'm way out of practice!, preserve/dry foods, navigate using the stars... ride a horse, make a splint, sew a wound... uh... other stuff...
    I also have some woodworking skills...
    That being said, 200 years ago, we weren't exactly living in caves :) there were houses, horse drawn carriages, other people..
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    Was there a Target 200 years ago? No. So would I have survived? No.
  • Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member
    Options
    Yes. I was born in the wrong era.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    nope...eyesight is horrible

I missed the rules...(and have had lasik).

Yeah, I'd be good. I'd be about a half day walk to a fertile river valley with water, and food. I also know most all my areas edible fruits and nuts, and could trap fish in the river.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Yes. I would invent things before their time.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    A thousand years ago I would have beena blacksmith or mercenary with a battle axe.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I would have died in childbirth, taking my mother along with me. (Eclampsia)

And if I had miraculously survived that, the bacterial spinal meningitis I got when I was 2 would have finished the job. And if I'd somehow survived THAT, it would have left me blind, deaf, and/or mentally retarded. (The jury's still out on that last bit, according to some)

Long story short...no. :laugh:
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Yup, if you take the race aspect out of it.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Well there is this one thing I do well. And it could be used for the world's oldest profession...
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Depends, I don't do history, when did they stop burning outspoken women as witches?

Ok, I'm not THAT bad at history, but I still think my mouth would get me in to more trouble then my survival skills.
  • cathleenbowman
    Options
    I can hunt and trap animals for food. I think I would have a problem being a proper woman. I am too outspoken and strong willed as well as educated. Women were only good for making homes and babies....I can make a home but not babies so I would not be desired by many men.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Maybe... I would probably be someone's house slave and concubine.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Believe me I'm 100% about survival. Mind and body...
  • _SoundWave_
    _SoundWave_ Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Yep Id chanel my inner Joan of Arc before she got burned lol
  • ButtBagg
    Options
    im p sure id be a slave or something so probably not
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Since I can hunt, dress my own game, raise my own garden, and preserve my own food and protect myself, as well as start fire on my own, I'm guessing yes. I'll probably have to do it half naked since I can't sew.
  • christashay
    christashay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh, hell yes, I'd survive! Frankly, I think I was born out of time as it is.