My C25K Journey

Options
bdgfn
bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
I thought I would start a thread to capture my progress and journey with C25K. Until I started reading the posts about beginning running on here I had never even heard of C25K. It seems like a good program, and I downloaded the app on Friday, 9/26. On Saturday, 9/27, I did a half-century bike ride for a local charity, and took Sunday off to rest. I wanted to start C25K on Monday, and actually did get out and almost halfway through the Week 1 Day 1 workout when a line of thunderstorms rolled in. I took shelter under the grandstands - I was using the high school track a couple of blocks from my house - but it got worse, so I called it a day and walked home. That was yesterday. Today, I went back out and restarted the Week 1 Day 1 workout, and completed it. I am not going to say it was easy by any means, but I finished, and felt good at the end. In fact, I had miscounted the number of times I had jogged and thought I had one more to go, so when I heard the last chime, I started to job only to hear the voice say "start your cool down". That was a nice surprise! I know from experience that whenever starting something new like this, the hardest step to take is the first one. The next hardest, of course, is doing it again.

Replies