Oreos have jumped the shark... (pumpkin spice!?!?!

Options
13»

Replies

• charcharrenee
    Options
    Last year they had candy corn flavored Oreos and thru were incredible!

I've seen the pumpkin spice, Halloween orange colored and even Carmel Apple but no candy corn.

Come back to me candy corn flavored goodness
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have ever heard the term "jumped the shark".

Also, I wanted a pumpkin thread to pop up so I could use this. I have no other input.
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-9068-1380797641-4.gif

I ha to have it explained to me about a month ago- I was so pumped to see it used and I knew what it was.

Toward the end of the show as it was winding down/losing credibility, The Fonz jumped a shark (tank??) on his motorcycle at some point toward the end of the show- and it was a joke after that- they had pretty much run out of things to do and that was the best they could come up with- so it's kind of like a "well we don't have anything else- let's just try this ridiculous thing" expression.
    If I recall... The Fonz was on water skis (complete with leather jacket) and jumped a caged shark.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Oreo purists unite!

I'm a standard or double stuff.

The birthday cake ones make me gag- I can barely put them near my face- they are not good- I tried- I wanted to try... by thankfully my BF liked them so they disappeared- I stopped "trying" them after that.

standard/double stuff all the way.
    If I recall... The Fonz was on water skis (complete with leather jacket) and jumped a caged shark.

that was just how it was explained to me- I honestly wasn't around for that... but thankfully- we have google. so I stand correct- ski's - no motorcycle.

And yes Fonzie Jumps the shark. there it is on youtube.
    And yes- he is on ski's - very dramatic music- and yeah- he's still in his jacket- which I don't understand.

but the point stands- over the top ridiculous. and indeed- it is.
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Oreos can never Jump the Shark!

Pringles on the other hand... peppermint white chocolate pringles??? Ok... those were actually pretty good... but I think some of these are FrankenFoods.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Oreos can never Jump the Shark!

They can if it's anything other than original or double stuff lol.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    They jumped the shark at the cookie dough Oreos.

This ^^^^^^

Wrong and wrong. Those are the only Oreos I eat!

Do you even oreo? The only acceptable oreo is the original or the double stuffed original lol.
    They jumped the shark with anything other than those two.

I mostly agree. The only exception being the Mint Oreo.

Also, I have never heard the expression, "jumped the shark" before.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that's slightly disappointed that it's not chocolate wafers with pumpkin spice??

Nonetheless, I do need these in my life like right now.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have ever heard the term "jumped the shark".

Also, I wanted a pumpkin thread to pop up so I could use this. I have no other input.
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-9068-1380797641-4.gif

This is glorious.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Can we also talk about the cappuccino flavored Lays potato chips??!?!?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    My coworker bought a pack and said she loved them. I'm almost tempted to get some, even though the only Oreos I eat (like every 18 months or so) are the mint ones.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Chicken n' Waffles flavored lays taste so ungodly awful. Like sugar-coated, long-dead human flesh. I prefer that stuff fresh.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I saw this... I'm kind of meh about it.
    I really don't like pumpkin spice at all- I'm like the only white girl I know- not in yoga pants- uggs and loving my pumpkin spice latte- just no thanks.

So yeah- I'll be passing.

How did you know what I was wearing and drinking today?
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that's slightly disappointed that it's not chocolate wafers with pumpkin spice??

Nonetheless, I do need these in my life like right now.

Oh my god....someone needs to make this!
  • dania201
    dania201 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely try my hand at those lol ;)
  • AmandaPantz87
    AmandaPantz87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    http://www.kraftcanada.com/recipes/oreo-pumpkin-cookie-balls-129371

I am making the above for my graduate lab at university come Halloween. Those pumpkin oreos may just come in handy, will have to keep an eye out.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I don't compare the oreo flavors because.. they're different flavors. 'Tf? lol

If I'm in the mood for an original oreo, I'll eat an original oreo. If I'm in the mood for bday cake oreo, I'll eat one of those. And so on.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I saw this... I'm kind of meh about it.
    I really don't like pumpkin spice at all- I'm like the only white girl I know- not in yoga pants- uggs and loving my pumpkin spice latte- just no thanks.

So yeah- I'll be passing.

You're not the only one!

we should start a group:laugh:

Add me! I don't get pumpkin spice in everything. Meh to the max.
  • nicailyzee
    nicailyzee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am 35 and this is this the first year I have tried anything pumpkin flavored I had a pumpkin spiced latte from Dunkin Donuts. It was pretty good. I won't be trying those oreos though the original are the best!
  • Rinny73
    Rinny73 Posts: 21
    Options
    On related notes:

1) how are watermelon Oreos?

They taste like some exec at Nabisco headquarters got hold of his kids' weed and developed the glorious idea of turning a Jolly Rancher into a cookie.

They are really gross....
    even on weed.

I'll tell you what is pure sin though.

Jiff Whipped Peanut Butter and Chocolate. Do not be alone in the room with this stuff.