Clothes for "running"?

Options
I use the term running loosely as what I typically do is not running, but when I do move at a pace above "quickly trotting down the street" (no, not prancercizing) my mom-flap overtakes my bottoms and I end up trying to hold them up and yank my shirt down as to keep any passerby from having to see my belly. While I'm sure it might be amusing to see, it really does take my focus away from kicking *kitten*. Is there anything I can do, short of buying a girdle to keep everything in place, to help keep my bottoms where they belong?

Replies

• tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I use stretchy danskin bottoms. they have a tie, so they stay up, and they're stretchy, so things stay more... in. :p
  • JenzL13
    JenzL13 Posts: 27
    Options
    High waisted pants/shorts/tights :D
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I have stretchy champion capris with a drawstring. I wear a tank top tucked in underneath and either a tank top or t-shirt.

ETA: OP I love seeing what you say in the forums. Just wanted to let you know. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I love lycra/spandex tights or shorts for running. They hold everything in place & save the thighs from chub rub. If you're uncomfortable with the revealing silhouette choose a longer/larger top.
    I wore compression tights when I was 197 & pregnant. I wear them now at 130. Can't go wrong!

Edit to add: A drawstring is a good idea- as I lost weight I ran right out of a pair of tights that wasn't quite tight anymore.
  • happymommy321
    happymommy321 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I bought some Danskin ones from Walmart just to be cheap and I actually love them. Hands down my favorite for "running" (I feel more honest when I use quotation marks).
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I bought some Danskin ones from Walmart just to be cheap and I actually love them. Hands down my favorite for "running" (I feel more honest when I use quotation marks).

My running is more like stumbling down a hill while gasping for breath. :laugh:

Okay, so I'm going to go look for something stretchy with a drawstring, and slap on one of my tank tops under my shirt and tucked into my bottoms... I'll test this method out on Thursday. :bigsmile:
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the Danskins Capri's from Walmart. Make sure you get the ones marked PERFORMANCE Capri's on the label that are spandex and NOT the cotton ones.
  • coffeeshopgeek
    coffeeshopgeek Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I gave in and bought some expensive (but on clearance) north face running capris with a draw string and they just stay right where I put them. They're also made of better material than anything else I've owned and I wish I could have a pair for every day of the week. On days when I don't wear them, I use a running tank top with the built in bra (on top of my sports bra, bonus compression for the chest is always a good thing) and that holds my squishier belly area in very well. I tuck this into my workout pants and wear a looser shirt over it. My pants stay up much better this way.
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Just lurking for answers to the Overexcited Mummy Tummy dilemma...
  • bootssowhite
    bootssowhite Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I wear compression pants (more like leggings, really) and a thigh length tunic on top. The pants hold my stomach in place and the since the tunic is so long, even when it rides up, it still hits me at the hip, well below the pants, even when I have to do the mid-run-pull-up-my-crotch dance. When I first started "running" (based on this morning's times, I need to use the quotation marks too *g*), I just wore a pair of loose cotton pants, but I really like how much more "contained" I feel in performance clothes. Totally worth the purchase and embarrassment of wearing something so form fitting when I have quite as many roles as I do.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    I just bought sloggi double comfort knickers and they stayed up and kept everything in place like a charm. On top I have some cheap spandex cropped leggings and they have an elasticated draw chord so they stay up nicely.
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Wear some free clothes or loose clothes that will make you feel free at the time of workout.