Any Garmin Vivofit users that can help?

Options
suzy0317
suzy0317 Posts: 67 Member
Hello!

I've been using the Vivofit (similar to the Fitbit) for 10 weeks now. It tracks my steps, miles, calories and syncs any extra earned calories from my walking with MFP. It does not give credit for yoga or bike riding, which are my other two main exercises. I don't even bother logging the minimal amount of weight lifting I do.

Lately I've seen a big discrepancy (sometimes over 100 calorie difference) in unused calories between the Garmin site and MFP. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm not sure if the Vivofit is adding extra calories to that site because of the logged yoga or bike riding that I do. Any help is explaining what is going on would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Replies

• coffeeshopgeek
    coffeeshopgeek Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Maybe you walk around more than you think? Mine does when I use the HRM with it because it can 'see' the effort I put in while weight lifting and doing yoga, rather than just seeing me as sitting nearly still for an hour.
  • suzy0317
    suzy0317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info.....Do you know if Vivofit gives double credit when you enter an activity on MFP?

I just checked under my activities and saw that it repeats what MFP tells me I earned. I just hope it doesn't "count" that on their site too.
  • coffeeshopgeek
    coffeeshopgeek Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed it double logging anything so far, just giving me more calories when I use the HRM.