Fitbit...

ladysvs
ladysvs Posts: 61
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone tried the Fitbit calorie/activity monitor? If you have, please let me know what you thought!

Replies

• forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Is that for real? I'd never heard of it but googled it quickly... it seems awesome!

Let me know what you find out :)
  • I used one for about 3.5 months before I washed it in the washer and killed it. In my opinion it does a good job of measuring your steps and the wireless sync to your computer worked fine as well.

The part where it measures how well you sleep at night by wearing it on your wrist was a little silly.

It's not cheap and I bought it mainly to try out the tech behind it. So if you have the money to go for it, if not get a cheaper solution to measure your step.
  • MissChelleBelle
    MissChelleBelle Posts: 51 Member
    Looks interesting! I'd love to know more about it too. Kinda pricy tho, is there anything else on the market that does the same thing that's not as expensive?
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    It is a little pricy, but I use mine 24/7. I like to see how close I am to my 10,000 steps a day.
    I use it at night and found out I am awake 15-23 times a night. I'm thinking about having a sleep study done because of this info.
    The only cardio I get is in the pool so I have never invested in a HRM.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    I got a fitbit for my birthday, and I love it. It tracks my calories and steps and I am suddenly VERY aware of how much time I really do sit at my desk at work. I also am one for data and graphs, so it's right up my alley.
  • kmark808
    kmark808 Posts: 1 Member
    I just got a Fitbit and really, really love it. It just makes you more aware of your activity during the day. I love how it also breaks down the level of activity hour by hour...helpful so I know when to do a lap at the office! I wish there was a way to import my diary here to the fitbit calorie tracker...but I use both easily so it's not really that much of an issue.

the only thing I worry about is accidentally throwing it in the wash, because it is so tiny!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    I just got a Fitbit and really, really love it. It just makes you more aware of your activity during the day. I love how it also breaks down the level of activity hour by hour...helpful so I know when to do a lap at the office! I wish there was a way to import my diary here to the fitbit calorie tracker...but I use both easily so it's not really that much of an issue.

the only thing I worry about is accidentally throwing it in the wash, because it is so tiny!

I add my total days calories from Mfp as a new food under the fitbit food tracker. There is no sense in tracking food both sites and this is much easier.
This discussion has been closed.