Night time eating...

Options
Ok heres the issues,I do great during the day,then at night I am always feeling like I'm really hungry and could eat a whole meal. Any ideas on how to get to feeling full?

Replies

• kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I try to load up on fruit and lots of water. I have the exact same problem. Sometimes I give in but I found that if I have some healthy snacks ready to go like bananas, sliced fruits and veggies and lots of water, I can stave off those cravings.
  • TealStar13
    Options
    The same goes for me at times. I usually eat some protein, like a slice or two of ham and maybe a thin slice of cheese. Try to fill yourself up with water as well. After eating, just let it sit in your stomach for a bit. You'll realize that you are "ok" and don't need to eat anymore. Hopefully this helps.
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Lot's of water and lot's of protein during the day usually helps me :) I used to get really hungry at night too.
  • biancafitzsimmons
    Options
    I'm exactly the same. I love sweet food after my dinner. I try to go for a walk or just keep myself busy. Cleaning my teeth straight after my meal really helps.
  • gennybunny
    Options
    I was the same way and it was horrible, I undid all my hard work at night. One thing I have done is, I make sure I get a well balanced meal and I made a challenge to not eat after 8 pm. No matter what. I am on week 2 of the no late night snacking and I feel my tummy grumbling a bit, but I know I won't starve if I just go to bed. Sometimes I make myself a green tea and add some fiber like 'Benefiber' to it to give it a little bulk. Hope that helps.
  • janetdimples
    janetdimples Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eat an apple - slowly. Helps a lot!
  • loca27
    loca27 Posts: 1
    Options
    Awesome questions. a lot of my unessarry calories come from night time snacking. That's when I want the most unhealthiest stuff.
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I still struggle, but drinking tea at night, or eating an apple helps. Also, try chewing gum. There have been nites when I've gone thru a whole pack of gum. I also save some calories for night time snacking and get the snacks ready... so when I would grab anything, its right there to help me stay on track.