Net calorie tracker

Options
I have a question as to what "net calories" means on the reports page under nutrition. When I bring it up and see the bar graph there are days where it says that I am at 500 Kcals for the day --- which is not true and when I look back to that day it is accurate with the amount of calories I recorded. Am I missing something? BTW, I love love love this site and a huge thanks to Mike for making it so awesome!

35277.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• stephaniek
    stephaniek Posts: 26
    Options
    I have a question as to what "net calories" means on the reports page under nutrition. When I bring it up and see the bar graph there are days where it says that I am at 500 Kcals for the day --- which is not true and when I look back to that day it is accurate with the amount of calories I recorded. Am I missing something? BTW, I love love love this site and a huge thanks to Mike for making it so awesome!

35277.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Net calories is the amount of calories you are actually supposed to eat for the day, so if you look at your total after breakfast or lunch you won't be all the way through your allotted calories for the day.
    For example, if your BMR is 1500 calories, then

calories needed to maintain current weight=2100
    less deficit for weight loss 500
    equals 1600 calories for the day. Then, if you exercise, you should eat those calories too. If you burn 350 calories in exercise, then 1600 + 350=1950 NET calories.

Hope this helps.