Tips on exercising!

Options
Okay, Wednesday i go to get a gym membership at the gym up the road. They pretty much have everything, i am wanting to know what works best for you guys? I am just starting out, im not very active so i just need a few tips! Im really focused on losing my tummy fat. But i do want to get toned everywhere else! Any tips on the best equipment&time lengths/calorie burning? THANKS!<3

Replies

• nikki91950
    Options
    if it's your first time exercising in quite a while, i recommend just going in for a trial run and see what you can do. start out slow and work yourself up, and no matter what, don't give up with going. weight training on the machines will help build muscle and tone your entire body, but cardio is important too in order to burn calories and fat and improve your heart and metabolism. every time i go to the gym, i try to do at least 30 min of some type of cardio, and another 30 of weights. never work out the same muscle group on the machines two days in a row.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I have found that cardio works best for tummy fat - my tummy is down 8 inches! I carried most of my weight through the middle. Take a few classes - I love Zumba. Hard at first but fun and you get the steps after a few classes. Not a machine girl but the elliptical is a great workout. Good luck!
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi, do you have group fitness classes that are low impact? They're a great starting point and I find that with a room full of people and an instructor, you end up working pretty hard :)

Good luck!
  • bameyers
    Options
    thank you guys! im so excited! all of yall are doing so good! keep it up!