Why is it so easy to stay on a diet - yet so hard?

Options
When I'm in a "dieting mood" it seems so easy to stay within my calorie limit. Take today for example. So far I've had:

1. A healthy eggs salad of two eggs, cucumber, tomato and non-oil dressing.
2. Tenpura udon for lunch.
3. A few ounces of boiled shrimp as a snack.
4. 6 delicious strawberries.
5. A couple of other packages of snacks in the 100 calorie range.

So far a total of just 882 calories, with no feeling of deprivation, and lots of calories still left today for dinner.

Why is it that many days are like today yet all of a sudden one day I fall off the wagon and overeat?

There are so many healthy, delicious, feel-good, satisfying yet low-calorie choices out there!

I don't understand why I eventually always go off my diet. If every day were like today it would be perfect.

doug

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Maybe because you are seeing it as a diet and sometimes just feel a tad deprived?

I guess there are many reasons, i know I have a harder time if I use my calories in "3 square" meals but if i have them in a number of low calorie snacks I can have trouble getting in my personal minimum.

Don't beat yourself up for going over 1 day (as long as its not stupidly over) it seems to help fool your body by mixing it up a little. Try and work it all out so you have a weeks average, so if you go over 200 calories 1 day go under by 100 on 2 days