P90X?

MsMonny
MsMonny Posts: 183
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok, prob a silly question but what is P90X??

I have seen a few peeps mention this but have no idea if it is a gym class or something at home.

Replies

• rkteal
    rkteal Posts: 29 Member
    video based training.......boot camp style......very tough......not for those not in shape.......
  • frankbo25
    frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
    It is indeed tough for those not in shape but if you modify moves, and pace yourself you can do it. I was 239 lbs and definately not in shape when I started my 1st round, now Im almost done with my second and in the best shape of my life. I also have chronic asthma that I have had for 27 of my 30 years.

These are my results so far: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/140133-p90x-round-2-day-60-pics
  • frankbo25
    My wife also did P90x with me and has had great results here are some before and afters of us.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/144367-121-pounds-lost
  • I am going to start P90X in a couple of days, just bought it off of someone from craigslist for half price last night....going to take a day to get set up and then start it. I can't wait, know its tough but I am looking forward to it. I will try and talk about it on here as much as possible!!
  • MsMonny
    WOW! Frankbo25, you and your wife look amazing! Are the workouts with weights? Do they involve a 'course' that you do? I am actually a bit intimidated by it all.

jberry2619, I look forward to your insight into this!!

Maybe I am not fit enough to start this :frown:
  • frankbo25
    WOW! Frankbo25, you and your wife look amazing! Are the workouts with weights? Do they involve a 'course' that you do? I am actually a bit intimidated by it all.

jberry2619, I look forward to your insight into this!!

Maybe I am not fit enough to start this :frown:

I was very scared to do it at first and didnt even get through the first workout. You have the option of using weights or resistance bands, there is also a lean version that is more cardio based. We completed our first 90 day round using resistance bands and no weights and still got awesome results. as I said before you have to pace yourself hit pause take more or longer breaks and modify, you will still get an awesome workout and before you know it you will get stronger and stronger. They give you a schedule to follow along with a nutrition plan.
  • MsMonny
    ok - maybe I might just give it a go!!

I think the pause button might just get worn out though LOL!

I have resistance bands - do you need a chin up bar?

wish me luck!!
  • frankbo25
    I use the bands instead of the pull up bar for right now(no way to attach bar)
This discussion has been closed.