6 Great Reasons to Get Moving!

WonderNoodle
WonderNoodle Posts: 549
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
From the Joy Bauer Newsletter- The Daily Plum

Energy Boosters
The Many Benefits of Exercise

The next time you feel like cursing your running shoes or canceling your gym membership, here are six reminders of why exercise is such an important part of a healthy lifestyle.

1: Exercise "eats" calories. Aerobic exercise (such as running and biking) burns lots of calories, and strength training builds muscles that burn calories 24/7.

2: Exercise is key for weight maintenance. If you don't believe me, check out this statistic from the National Weight Control Registry: 94 percent of people who have maintained their weight loss over a long period of time report that they exercise regularly.

3: Exercise is fantastic for cardiovascular health. Regular exercise strengthens your heart, improves blood flow, reduces blood cholesterol and triglycerides, and lowers blood pressure.

4: Exercise reduces the risk of diabetes, osteoporosis, arthritis, and some types of cancer.

5: Exercise is a natural antidepressant. Studies have shown that exercise reduces stress levels and prompts the body to release chemicals that make you feel good.

6: Exercise improves memory by optimizing the delivery of oxygen and other vital nutrients to the brain.

Okay — now get moving!

Replies

• StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    great motivator!!:drinker:
    Thanks!!:bigsmile:
    Think I will print this one out!!! :happy:
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Thanks for the post! I try to come up with every reason why not to work out. This is going to be posted in my gym locker!:happy:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Just the motivation we needed! Nice reminders!:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.