Water

Options
Supper is almost here and you have drank 8 hours of water. You are too lazy to cook anything so you have something like Cream of Mushroom soup, which is crazy high in sodium.

So here is my question, which I am sure I know the answer too already.

I have already drank my 8 glasses of water for the day (just saying) but now i have had all this salt. Will those 8 glasses wash away what I ate AFTER the water or do I need to be drinking another 4 glasses or so to wash the new sodium I just had added to my system.

Thanks,

VA

Replies

• KenzieKidwell
    KenzieKidwell Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I would go ahead and drink more. It can not hurt you unless you are drinking like a gallon and a half a day!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Drink up! Water is the sustenance of life & I am ALWAYS drinking water :happy:
  • ourhearts4home
    Options
    A general rule of thumb is to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water in a day (not too late into the day because it will keep you up in the bathroom haha!) So if you are 140 pounds, you would aim for 70 oz of water a day. So I'd say you're fine to drink a bit more. :)
  • candycana
    candycana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I did not know that. So if I weigh 200lbs, I should be drinking 100oz of water a day? And I was so proud that I was finally managing 64 oz. per day! Sigh.
  • ourhearts4home
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about 100 ounces, if it were me. I would shoot for a BIT more than 64 though, and make sure it's quality water. But yeah, don't sweat 100 ounces...
  • candycana
    candycana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've made it to 72 oz the past two days. It's getting easier every day! :)
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    What do you consider "quality water"? I drink from my tap(well water). Just an iron filter out by the well and my water tastes great.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    You cannot wash the sodium from your system. Water would help the bloating from your large intake of sodium.
  • ourhearts4home
    Options
    Actually, I had a test done and my salts were too high even though I don't eat that many salts. My naturopath put me on distilled water and my next test showed my salts where they belong. Who knew?

When I say quality water, I guess I mean not city tap water at least. ;) Well water is better. Bottled water is totally a walk of faith because who knows if it is what it says it is. I am not sure yet if I'm sold on RO water. Still doing my research but I know there are good filters you can buy to give you better water. The little water pitchers you can buy to filter don't do that much for your water other than make it taste better.
  • ourhearts4home
    Options
    And, Candycana, good job on your water! I think you're probably doing fine on your intake. I think I wouldn't worry about upping it much more than where you are now. Unless of course you find yourself thristy for some reason. ;)