Guess what I can see.....

Options
A tupperware container FULL of chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting in my office.......grrrrrrr!!!
It seems like every day one of the men I work work wives bake something and send it to work with the guys to share...
I've only been at the job a little over a month, but seriously every week they have treats ... I can't wait for the day when I am at goal weight and can splurge on a cupcake... but for now they are off limits to me :)

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Well done for resisting!
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Keep at it Jenifer4 and I promise you the day will come when you are able to look at that cupcake and not even care about it!! I am living proof of that. One year ago I was still having massive amounts of desert, after dinner, every single night and splurging on sweets throughout the day. They don't even tempt me, for the most part, now. If I get a sweet craving I will have something from 100 calorie stash or grab a chocolate dipped or peanut butter and jelly Clif Mojo bar as they are sweet and feel like I am splurging.
  • SpiritualCrone
    Options
    Where I work we are always on the move so there is a HUGE stash of munchies always on hand. It's really difficult some days when in a pinch you just want to grab a handful of something. It sure adds up!
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You know those wives are at home thinking, "Phew! I got that stuff out of my house!" =)

Invest in a stash of Extra Mint Chocolate Chip gum. I have an insatiable sweet tooth, and that gum has seriously helped me make it through the Christmas season.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    you know those wives are just getting them out of the house so THEY won't eat it :laugh:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    You know those wives are at home thinking, "Phew! I got that stuff out of my house!" =)

jinx!
  • kklittle
    kklittle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It is amazing to me how satisfying just a little treat can be when you have stopped indulging your sweet tooth everytime you want to. It's hard to resist at first but it gets easier each time.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Good job on resisting the temptation. I deal with that from time to time in my office too and sometimes i will have someone pipe in with "Come on, just one won't hurt..." and what they don't realize is 1 will hurt in that it leads to 2 and then 3 and 4...yep, see how that goes. Stay strong!
  • jenifer4
    Options
    Thats exactly what I went and did, grabbed a peice of gum and filled up my bottle of water :)
    I think on Friday I may bring in my low calorie angel food cake cupcakes with light whip cream and strawberries :)
  • Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    good for you! I don't know if i could resist :)
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    great job resisting. it's that way at my job too! Yesterday was chocolates, today was cookies, there's almost always store bought or homemade goodies in our break room. I did finally get them OFF the table with the microwave on it! Everyday, seriously, I would literally have to pick up and move some plate of fatty baked goods to put my oatmeal in the microwave, so I started moving them to another table... now they mostly go there, so at least they are in my peripheral vision, LOL! And ladies you are right, one of my co-workers admitted to bringing in a bucket of some sort of sweet looking sticks because she "had to get it out of the house"