Advice Please

Options
Hi

I'm new to MFP and am completely loving the ability to track food and exercise. I have come across a tiny problem in terms of how best to record my exercise though.

I've started a workout called PiYo, which is a combination of Pilates and Yoga with added cardio. As this is such a new workout, I can't find anything on MFP that covers it to enable me to add it to my exercise diary.

I was going to record it as either Pilates or Yoga, but I wondered if anyone else is following this workout, and whether they had a better suggestion.

Any advice would be fantastic.

Michelle :smile:

Replies

• TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    In Exercises - select My Exercises and then Create Exercise - done.
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    That's probably the closest thing in the exercise database on MFP. To find out what your calorie burn is you may have to get a heart rate monitor.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    That's probably the closest thing in the exercise database on MFP. To find out what your calorie burn is you may have to get a heart rate monitor.

HRM would not be accurate at all for such exercise. HRMs calculations are only desinged to give a good estimate during steady state cardio only (not strength training, not Yoga, not Pilates, Not sprints, etc)