Do we need to log our vitamins?

Options
Just curious if anyone knows if we are supposed to log our daily vitamins in our daily food diary. My fiance says yes. I'm not sure. I take a multi, calcium, B-complex, fish oil and elderberry. My fiance says I at least need to log the fish oil cause it has fat in it. What do you all think?

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I log all my supplements so i know what I took and when. Check out my diary.
  • alex51026
    Options
    I log my multivitamins too, that way you can make sure you are getting the right about of vitamins and minerals.
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    Some people do, some people don't. I don't because I'm not as good as the Jester :blushing: I also only remember to take them about 2 times a week, lol!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I have started logging my Fish Oil but that's it.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Me.........Fish oil yes, but not vitamins. But it's all in how you believe, not everyone has to be unified. Do what you feel is right. ((( Just call me Jiminy Cricket))))))) lololololololol ha ha ha
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    I didn't even know we could log them I was putting them in the notes section :laugh: I might do my oil now
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I'd like to log mine but alas, they aren’t in the system and their "nutritional content" isn't located on the bottle for me to add it. At last check, website wasn't helpful either for Calcium and Vitamin D by Jamison. My Sunkist vitamin C option is only on MFP as the chewable one which has calories.
  • cjkasseckert
    cjkasseckert Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I dont, mainly because my goal is to track calories. If they list calories on the bottle then I will but for the most part the ones I take are listed as zero.
  • MsTrudy66
    MsTrudy66 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! And yes! Just for the sake of tracking calories, my omega-3 oil capsule and most fish oils are 10 calories per capsule. I take 2, so 20 calories a day. Look at all nutrition labels to correctly track your calories. Good luck!
  • tekiegirl
    tekiegirl Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I do because the Android app shows a daily summary that includes vitamin A, C, calcium and iron. Also the vitamins I take are in the database. I would create my own food though, if they weren't.

Of course, this is when I remember to take them :o)
  • bhonniered
    Options
    I track my multi-vitamin that I take most mornings (when I remember). Then again I track more than just my calories :-). So, it seems to me a personal choice and what is important to you to track.