Losing weight too Quickly

Options
Hi,

So I weighed myself yesterday and the scale gave me 227.4 (that was in the morning) Went to work, came home Did a 3 mile walk (Walk Away the Pounds ) workout vid.

But the this morning I weighed myself and the scale gave me 224.4. Ok i like that that happened but I that ok?
Should I celebrated the decrease or will it pop back up tomorrow to 227.
Is it even healthy to lose weight like that?

Would really like to find out, thanks

Replies

• z_bra
    z_bra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's called water weight
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Fast drops like that in 1 day is likely just a drop in water weight. I've dropped 10lbs in one week after starting a new diet/exercise program just due to cutting out foods/habits that were causing me to retain water and adding new habits that decreased water retention. No need to be alarmed. I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy it! :)
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Water weight, normal fluctuations. ..Do not weigh yourself more than once a week.....
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    lol I weight 165 and I lose 4-6 lbs every time I go for a long run in the sun..................... You'll be alright.
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Weight can fluctuate by a few pounds. Many people recommend weighing weekly to account for this. I prefer to weigh daily, plot my weight daily and see where it hovers around. To do that, though, you have to get not too worked up and panicked when it goes up. Sort of viewing your weight as a semi-obedient puppy rather than a straight-line equation.

In his book "The Diet Fix," Dr. Yoni Freedhoff said that if you are faithfully tracking, faithfully running a caloric deficit, rest assured that your underlying -- for lack of a better word, your "real" weight -- is declining over time. It has worked for me so far.
  • ShayShanks
    ShayShanks Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks alot. everyone :happy: