Wii Just Dance

Options
Anybody using this as a fun workout? I did it yesterday for 45 minutes and hardy realized I was exercising :)

Replies

• jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    I bought Just Dance 2 yesterday and did it for an hour without realizing how long I was "working out". I wore my HRM while I was using it and turns out I burned about 423 calories. It is so much fun and I'm mega sore today!
  • cassandra77
    Options
    I bought Just Dance 2 yesterday and did it for an hour without realizing how long I was "working out". I wore my HRM while I was using it and turns out I burned about 423 calories. It is so much fun and I'm mega sore today!

Awesome! Maybe I burned more calories than I thought! When I added to my workouts I just used general dancing and it said I burned 297... not bad for having fun!
  • cake_lady
    Options
    Never even thought about that....Hmm think i might have to play on that later with my daughter :o)
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I've just done 45 mins and burned 350 cals. I'm hosting a 2 week challenge (if you lose the most weight, you get a postcard from me in England and host the next round) and one of my goals is to do Just Dance 1/2 for 30mins, 3 times a week!

I've posted my scores to see how many peeps can beat me (i'm not rubbish but being able to trounce your children isn't always the best indicator of brilliance! :bigsmile: )

It is the best fun!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    my wife bought it last week and she loves it (I assume you mean Just Dance 2), I tried it once, couldn't get over the "looking like a dork" factor though. I burned a decent amount of calories in 45 minutes though. About 450, not bad. I made my wife leave the room though, I'm far to uncoordinated to have someone watch me dance.
  • cassandra77
    Options
    I actually have 1 and 2. I also got the Michael Jackson one for christmas... super excited! It comes with a sparkly glove lol
  • edolphs71
    edolphs71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I got both Just Dance Games, Gold's Gym Dance, Michael Jackson Experience and Dance on Broadway. These games have had me working out everyday for over a week now because I have so much fun doing them. My husband even has done a couple of them with me. Very excited about these games and hoping they will keep me going.
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    It comes with a sparkly glove lol

LOL! Gotta love that!
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    ok i must have this now! :laugh:
  • cassandra77
    Options
    It's lots of fun! I just did another 45 minutes! And the best part is my 16 month old son loves to watch me do it! Always hard to fit a workout in with him so that's a huge plus! I highly recommend it!
  • camille45
    camille45 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    OMG! i got this for my daughter for Christmas along with the Wii game "Michael Jackson The Experience". I wanted to use if for excercise but had no idea how to log it. Is it in the database, if not how do you know how many calories you burned? She loves it and it is fun the few times ive done it with her. I could use my HRM but I stopped using the one I have because it just did not seem to be acurately calculating the calories i burned unless i was walking steady, it seems to only count and calculate steps into calories burned. I know I burn calories while doing resistance as well but it doesnt seem to account for that. So i really dont know how to monitor the excercises that arent already in the database unless im working out on a machine that tells me. But i would love to use this as excercise, me and my baby girl can do it together!
  • cassandra77
    Options
    OMG! i got this for my daughter for Christmas along with the Wii game "Michael Jackson The Experience". I wanted to use if for excercise but had no idea how to log it. Is it in the database, if not how do you know how many calories you burned? She loves it and it is fun the few times ive done it with her. I could use my HRM but I stopped using the one I have because it just did not seem to be acurately calculating the calories i burned unless i was walking steady, it seems to only count and calculate steps into calories burned. I know I burn calories while doing resistance as well but it doesnt seem to account for that. So i really dont know how to monitor the excercises that arent already in the database unless im working out on a machine that tells me. But i would love to use this as excercise, me and my baby girl can do it together!

I just logged mine as general dancing i which is in the database... HTH!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I consider it 'gravy'. If I've already exercised for the day and we play this for the fun of it, it's fitness gravy. You really can work up a sweat and it's SO FUN!

Charmagne