weak and desperate

Options
2»

Replies

• forkofpower
    forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    OP, if fasting makes you binge on food later in the day, then it's not the right weight-loss method for you. There's nothing special about fasting as a weight loss plan (I presume you're talking about intermittent fasting); its main advantage is that for some people, it helps them reduce their calorie intake. If fasting actually makes you eat more calories than you would've, then don't do it.

Just stick to a definite calorie deficit (making sure you really ARE in deficit, whatever your TDEE is), track calories accurately, and be patient. Weight will come off.
    Okay, first off I will explain the wait gain. Dieting 101. When trying to loose do not consume less than 1200 calories. If you do your body will think it is starving and go into starvation mode. In this mode the body stores fat and any calories you do consume gets stored not used....also the body takes it's energy from your muscle so you burn the muscle not the fat you wanted to.

Sorry, but if eating too few calories prevents you from losing weight, then ... how on earth do people starve in the first place? Why are anorexic people extremely thin? Wouldn't their bodies just go into this supposed 'starvation mode' and maintain a normal weight? Wouldn't world hunger resolve itself? Not to say that I support eating very little food (not at ALL), but it's silly to claim that eating too little will make you gain/maintain weight. That's just biologically impossible.
  • consciousflaw
    Options
    OP, if fasting makes you binge on food later in the day, then it's not the right weight-loss method for you. There's nothing special about fasting as a weight loss plan (I presume you're talking about intermittent fasting); its main advantage is that for some people, it helps them reduce their calorie intake. If fasting actually makes you eat more calories than you would've, then don't do it.

Just stick to a definite calorie deficit (making sure you really ARE in deficit, whatever your TDEE is), track calories accurately, and be patient. Weight will come off.
    Okay, first off I will explain the wait gain. Dieting 101. When trying to loose do not consume less than 1200 calories. If you do your body will think it is starving and go into starvation mode. In this mode the body stores fat and any calories you do consume gets stored not used....also the body takes it's energy from your muscle so you burn the muscle not the fat you wanted to.

Sorry, but if eating too few calories prevents you from losing weight, then ... how on earth do people starve in the first place? Why are anorexic people extremely thin? Wouldn't their bodies just go into this supposed 'starvation mode' and maintain a normal weight? Wouldn't world hunger resolve itself? Not to say that I support eating very little food (not at ALL), but it's silly to claim that eating too little will make you gain/maintain weight. That's just biologically impossible.

thank you so much, I'll be more patient also.
    congrats on your weight loss.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I cannot fully explain this so you will have to do your own research. But the body can and does go into starvation mode when you eat too few calories. Your metabolism slows and when in starvation mode it will hold onto what you eat next time you eat. I don't know how or why but as for me that is what happened. Your body gets weak bc you are not fueling it and you have less energy. So then you need to rebuild your metabolism by eating healthy and regular intervals. If you do exercise you must refuel before ( to get you through the workout) and aftet to refeed your muscle so it does not break down. Like a yogurt or banana and pb. There are things that can happen wgen you do this you can get metabolic disorder or insulin resistance which make it hard to lose but easy to gain.

I have done it all. Carb cycling can work. Low carb can work. High carb can work. I know high interval intensity training is said to work. Also a mix of cardio and strength training can work. Just learn all you can. I even did the ketogenic diet. But you have to find what works for you.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Don't be desperate. That never helps with something like weight loss.

Or dating
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I cannot fully explain this so you will have to do your own research. But the body can and does go into starvation mode when you eat too few calories. Your metabolism slows and when in starvation mode it will hold onto what you eat next time you eat. I don't know how or why but as for me that is what happened. Your body gets weak bc you are not fueling it and you have less energy. So then you need to rebuild your metabolism by eating healthy and regular intervals. If you do exercise you must refuel before ( to get you through the workout) and aftet to refeed your muscle so it does not break down. Like a yogurt or banana and pb. There are things that can happen wgen you do this you can get metabolic disorder or insulin resistance which make it hard to lose but easy to gain.
    What you're doing here ^ is posting a lot of bs.

A couple things, you obviously cannot full explain it, and haven't done a single lick of research. If you had, you'd know that you're spreading FUD and broscience.

I'd suggest you do a little research, and have a come to science moment there.
  • consciousflaw
    Options
    Don't be desperate. That never helps with something like weight loss.

Or dating

lmao.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options

I have done it all. Carb cycling can work. Low carb can work. High carb can work. I know high interval intensity training is said to work. Also a mix of cardio and strength training can work. Just learn all you can. I even did the ketogenic diet. But you have to find what works for you.
    So when your body has the choice to use the food you eat to beat your heart and breath or store it as fat, you say it will store it as fat. So tell me why people who starve to death aren't fat.