Apple recipes

Options
htimpaired
htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
I got a bunch of Cortland apples from the local grove. I have an applesauce crock pot recipe that'll use 8 of 'em. Anyone got any other healthy apple recipes they could share? I've been googling, but haven't found anything that's caught my eye yet.

Replies

• askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I love them as a side for Pork Chops.

Peel and cube 2-3 apples (depending on how many people are eating), put them in a non-stick skillet, add 1.5-2 tsp cinnamon, and 1 tsp sugar, then just let them cook on medium heat for about 10-15 minutes. No need for butter or anything else.... The cinnamon sugar carmalizes nicely and brings out the flavor of the apple.

You can also use this as a stuffing for port chops. In that instance make the apple pieces a bit smaller, take a nice fat bone in port chop, slice it down the middle stuff about 2 tbsp of the apple mixture and take 2 toothpicks to hold together. Place in a glass pirex pan, add 1 cup unsweetened apple juice and bake covered at 350 for 45 minutes. Flip the chops over (carefully) then bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes. Sweet, juicy and fun!