Tes anyone? (aka: im stress'n )

Options
Hurdle # 1

Three weeks ago i started this adventure...gathered all my dusty books filled with info on how to loose weight, sought out professionals to assist me, and went serching the net for ways to make it fun. Through cutting back what i eat...to 1800 cal, and adding exercise, what i could do anyways...I managed to loose 2 1/2 lbs tthe first week....YAY!!!
Went and told my support ppl, adn someone asked me if i had really lost that weight, or was it the difference between...ummm...having your morning constitutional, or not....
Being the overly sensitive person i am, i was devistated, madder than a bull seeing red, and sent myself spiralling into a mass of emotions. Consequently, i momentarily gave up...for like 4 days. And the following week, i gained back the 2 lbs.
I kept thinking about where my life is headed. I have gained 70 lbs this year, on a frame that was already carrying 280. I couldn't work properly, and couldn't do some simple tasks that i have done all my life...i kept thinking i can't go on like this.
So, i went looking for new support. I found this site, and i found Curves. The lady there is awesome, and is more than willing to help me do whatever it takes. :) Sooo...off i go...charging forth, faithfull counting calories, like Scrooge Mc Duck counts gold coins...Making sure i get my butt into gear and working hard at what i want...for myself.
So where am i stressing you ask...
Im petrified of what i will find when i weigh in tomorrow. Yup, it is that time again. She is expecting me in the morning. I am unnaturally afraid that what i have done in the last week won't have made a difference. I know that is illogical...i feel so much better. I have made great choices in what i eat...im careful about how much, and ive done more excercise in the last week, than i have done in the last year...i swear...well, at least it feels that way...
So yah...the water is hot...ive got pleanty of flavors to choose from, lemon, splenda, and fat free carnation milk to go with, should you choose..
want to have a cup of tea with me?

Replies

• tdroseler
    tdroseler Posts: 165
    Options
    Hurdle # 1

Three weeks ago i started this adventure...gathered all my dusty books filled with info on how to loose weight, sought out professionals to assist me, and went serching the net for ways to make it fun. Through cutting back what i eat...to 1800 cal, and adding exercise, what i could do anyways...I managed to loose 2 1/2 lbs tthe first week....YAY!!!
    Went and told my support ppl, adn someone asked me if i had really lost that weight, or was it the difference between...ummm...having your morning constitutional, or not....
    Being the overly sensitive person i am, i was devistated, madder than a bull seeing red, and sent myself spiralling into a mass of emotions. Consequently, i momentarily gave up...for like 4 days. And the following week, i gained back the 2 lbs.
    I kept thinking about where my life is headed. I have gained 70 lbs this year, on a frame that was already carrying 280. I couldn't work properly, and couldn't do some simple tasks that i have done all my life...i kept thinking i can't go on like this.
    So, i went looking for new support. I found this site, and i found Curves. The lady there is awesome, and is more than willing to help me do whatever it takes. :) Sooo...off i go...charging forth, faithfull counting calories, like Scrooge Mc Duck counts gold coins...Making sure i get my butt into gear and working hard at what i want...for myself.
    So where am i stressing you ask...
    Im petrified of what i will find when i weigh in tomorrow. Yup, it is that time again. She is expecting me in the morning. I am unnaturally afraid that what i have done in the last week won't have made a difference. I know that is illogical...i feel so much better. I have made great choices in what i eat...im careful about how much, and ive done more excercise in the last week, than i have done in the last year...i swear...well, at least it feels that way...
    So yah...the water is hot...ive got pleanty of flavors to choose from, lemon, splenda, and fat free carnation milk to go with, should you choose..
    want to have a cup of tea with me?
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'll have a cup of tea with you. I like Chai! I read all of your stressin' and all I know to say is ... tomorrow will be a better day. It has to be, you've been doing well this week counting calories like Scrooge McDuck. counts coins. That was a wonderful way to put it....very cute. Good luck on your weigh in!:flowerforyou:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I will join you in a cup of tea also.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Hey, Perfect Timing!

Now I can offer YOU a cup of Tea :drinker: How fun is THIS? Hee Hee Hee.......

td, please take it easy on yourself. People are not judging you. They want to help you. Youwant to help others, right? I know sometimes it's tough to rely on others to help, even harder to admit you have to ask for help.

We are all addicted to food in one way or another and to one degree or another. Take it one day at a time, or one meal at a time. Don't worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow will come and go, and if we lose weight or not, it really isn't the end of life as we know it. Please try to "Live in this moment." THIS moment. Not yesterday or tomorrow. Be here now. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed to us.

~Cheryl
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    It sounds like your support person has a bad case of jealousy going on. She is jealous of your success. Some people are just that way….they can’t stand for anyone to succeed at anything.
    Don’t let any one shoot you down. You know you are doing good now and feeling good about it too. Don’t let anyone take that away from you. They can’t take it away with out your permission. Don’t let this woman take this away from you. It will tick her off and frustrate her beyond repair when she sees she can’t get under your skin.
    You are a wonderful person and you will succeed at this and feel so much better in so many ways.
    I use to weigh 311 pounds. I have lost 171 pounds. I had no surgery to lose the weight either. I am now working to keep the weight off. I have been at this for close to 5 years now and will continue to work at it for the rest of my life. I know how people some people can be and it isn’t always nice what they do to us. I do feel for you and I do understand. Always know you have friends here and we are her for you when every you need us.
    Are you a member of a weight loss support group that meets weekly? Is this your weight recorder or she something else?
    I am a member of a group and if our weight recorder ever did something like that they would be in all kinds of trouble. We encourage and support people not tear people down.
    I was a member of another group before the one I am in now. At that group I went to weigh in one afternoon and I had gained 8 pounds. I gained that 8 pounds in 4 days. (I know this because I have always weighed here at home and I watched my weight going up) The woman that weighed me looked at me with “this look” and asked me what I had been doing. I told her I had not eaten anything that I wasn’t suppose to and I had stayed right with my eating plan. I also told her I was swollen. She looked at me with a look that told me she didn’t believe me.
    Weeeellll…..before our next meeting I went to the doctor. The doctor prescribed a fluid pill because of the swelling.
    At our next meeting I had lost 9 and ¾ pounds in 1 week. The woman weighing me looked around the scales and gave me ANOTHER look and asked me with a very strong tone “What did you do!”. I looked her square in the eye and told her in a very strong tone “I told you I was swollen”. We stared at each other for a few LONG seconds. I was waiting for her to say something else to me….she didn’t. After that I had a few other issues with fluid retention but I had no further problems with her attitude. I am no longer a member of that group.
    If your support person gets crappy with you at your next weigh in just smile at her and tell her you have been doing right and you know it. Then you feel good about YOU!! Besides….that’s none of her business anyway. She is there to weigh you and record it. She should be offering some kind of support and help not making hurtful snide comments to you. It sounds like she needs to get over herself.
    You CAN and WILL do this. Hang in there we are here for you. :flowerforyou:
    Have A Great Day and Good Luck!!
    Now…lets have another cup of tea. I’ll have mine with one packet of Splenda please. :drinker:
    ((((Big Hug))))
    Loretta
  • CMJ1979
    CMJ1979 Posts: 42
    Options
    It sounds like your support person has a bad case of jealousy going on. She is jealous of your success. Some people are just that way….they can’t stand for anyone to succeed at anything.
    Don’t let any one shoot you down. You know you are doing good now and feeling good about it too. Don’t let anyone take that away from you. They can’t take it away with out your permission. Don’t let this woman take this away from you. It will tick her off and frustrate her beyond repair when she sees she can’t get under your skin.
    You are a wonderful person and you will succeed at this and feel so much better in so many ways.
    I use to weigh 311 pounds. I have lost 171 pounds. I had no surgery to lose the weight either. I am now working to keep the weight off. I have been at this for close to 5 years now and will continue to work at it for the rest of my life. I know how people some people can be and it isn’t always nice what they do to us. I do feel for you and I do understand. Always know you have friends here and we are her for you when every you need us.
    Are you a member of a weight loss support group that meets weekly? Is this your weight recorder or she something else?
    I am a member of a group and if our weight recorder ever did something like that they would be in all kinds of trouble. We encourage and support people not tear people down.
    I was a member of another group before the one I am in now. At that group I went to weigh in one afternoon and I had gained 8 pounds. I gained that 8 pounds in 4 days. (I know this because I have always weighed here at home and I watched my weight going up) The woman that weighed me looked at me with “this look” and asked me what I had been doing. I told her I had not eaten anything that I wasn’t suppose to and I had stayed right with my eating plan. I also told her I was swollen. She looked at me with a look that told me she didn’t believe me.
    Weeeellll…..before our next meeting I went to the doctor. The doctor prescribed a fluid pill because of the swelling.
    At our next meeting I had lost 9 and ¾ pounds in 1 week. The woman weighing me looked around the scales and gave me ANOTHER look and asked me with a very strong tone “What did you do!”. I looked her square in the eye and told her in a very strong tone “I told you I was swollen”. We stared at each other for a few LONG seconds. I was waiting for her to say something else to me….she didn’t. After that I had a few other issues with fluid retention but I had no further problems with her attitude. I am no longer a member of that group.
    If your support person gets crappy with you at your next weigh in just smile at her and tell her you have been doing right and you know it. Then you feel good about YOU!! Besides….that’s none of her business anyway. She is there to weigh you and record it. She should be offering some kind of support and help not making hurtful snide comments to you. It sounds like she needs to get over herself.
    You CAN and WILL do this. Hang in there we are here for you. :flowerforyou:
    Have A Great Day and Good Luck!!
    Now…lets have another cup of tea. I’ll have mine with one packet of Splenda please. :drinker:
    ((((Big Hug))))
    Loretta

OMG Loretta_Jo, 171 lbs. If i may ask how long did it take you to lose that much. That gives me new found hope that it is possible to lose a lot of weight over time. I was 253 at my highest and I'm hoping to get down to 150 at least. So I have a bit over a 100 lbs to lose, I know it will take time and effort and I am willing to keep on keeping on to lose it. You are a true inspiration, thanks :flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    td,

I was about to go off on the weight loss companies, but I decided against it (although I still think that mostly, those places are not very good, if you want to know why, I have some compelling facts, but I won't state them unless people want them).

This is about you. Forget the scale, focus on how you feel, focus on getting healthier, stronger, doing more exercise, eating healthy, visualize yourself as you want to be, and again, forget the scale. Scales lie, weight is a horrible way to measure health, because it depends on many factors that don't really matter to health. A better way to tell is how you feel, can you walk longer and faster then you could when you started? Are you able to do physical things more? Remeber, the more healthy you become, the more your body will respond. Forget fitting into a size, it's not about that. It's about getting healthy. Remember, stress is a cause for weight gain, and weighing in every week is obviously causing you stress. Just keep telling yourself, if you work out consistantly and eat right for 6 months, you WILL loose a substantial amount of weight while becoming healthier! The scale is irrelevant.
  • tdroseler
    Options
    Drum roll please....:noway: there's no drum??? what kind of site is this, lol....(just kidding.)

Went to weigh in...i didn't chicken out...down 2 lbs. :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much for all the comments and support. I read them before i left, and it helped to renew my resolve. I know every word was from the heart..

I should remember that everything im doing is to get healthy, and have patience...does anyone know where i can buy that stuff?

Anyways...truely...thank you...btw...ive always got tea on if anyone needs some.
  • nancym
    nancym Posts: 49
    Options
    :love:
    I will have mine, a chai tea with a touch of cream, thank you.
    Now...I weigh every single morning whether I do my morning bathroom thing or not. I do it buck naked so I have no excuse. My scale goes up to 440#. I pray I never get that high.
    I come here often for support and ideas and also for reinforcement. And, if I am here, I am not in the fridge...hehehe!
    Keep up the good work. Curves is great and so easy to do. I have trouble getting off and on a few pieces of equipment but that is good. Keep moving. I go twice a day right now as I only work during tax season. Tax questions anyone?
    Keep up the great work and we hope you will keep us posted.
    I am finally down under 260...yeah! It has taken me 6 months to lose 19 #. YEAH!
    Good luck with your plan.
    nancym
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    You Did It!!!! :bigsmile:
    And you can keep on doing it. I am not saying there won’t be bumps in the road or obstacles to get over or around but when they do come along you will be able to handle them and get through what ever it is.
    Always remember YOU CAN DO IT! :happy:
    Now lets have another cup of that tea. :drinker:
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Way to go Td! Woo hoo!
    And Nancy, also - congratulations on your successes!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Congratulations guys. Keep up the good work!
  • Lisa_25
    Options
    Good job everyone! I'm so happy I found this site! Everyone is so inspirationable and it makes me feel I can actually reach my weight loss goals. And I can help others do the same! It's so great!:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    For Loretta and tdroseler ~~

Loretta_jo, ~~

We are so blessed to have you here. You are such a great voice of reason, and experience. I'm sorry you hurt your knee, but - I'm glad it gives you more time to spend with us. I love your stories.

tdroseler! ~~

Nicely done! I'm weighing myself twice daily and using the average of the two, and posting a daily average weight in my spreadsheet. ( I weigh before food in the morning and after my last food at night.) The head trainer at the gym suggested it. I really didn't like the idea at first but hey, he's the head trainer - in the biz - so I am always willing to try anything. I was used to weighing once a week. But I'm really liking it now - I know just where I am every day.

Two more pounds down, girl - two pounds next week - you're on your way! Congrats. :smile:

~Cheryl
  • tdroseler
    Options
    cm...that is a wonderful idea. i hadn't thought about that either...weighing twice a day, etc.

You know what the funny part of my day was...looking back at it now, lol...i couldn't get off the scale, lol.

This morning it was at the PH nurse office...345
    this afternoon i had to get on the scale again at Curves 343.8
    and then again this evening at my TOPS meeting, 345 again

if nothing else, i know what i weigh on a monday, lol

I can't believe how much i let it get to me last night, silly...but not silly.
    I am really glad however that i had this place, and all of you

You guys really lightened the load Thanx again!!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    :tongue: tdroseler_

Silly is mandatory here.

~cm
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    OMG Loretta_Jo, 171 lbs. If i may ask how long did it take you to lose that much. That gives me new found hope that it is possible to lose a lot of weight over time. I was 253 at my highest and I'm hoping to get down to 150 at least. So I have a bit over a 100 lbs to lose, I know it will take time and effort and I am willing to keep on keeping on to lose it. You are a true inspiration, thanks :flowerforyou:

Cleo272007.…I answered you question yesterday by starting a new thread. (maybe I shouldn’t have done that) I just don’t want you to think I have ignored your question. If you would like the link to that thread just let me know.

Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    tdroseler....You and I are members of the same weight loss support group. My husband is the Arkansas State King. You can see his picture in our October 2007 TOPNews Magazine on page 26.
    His before picture was taken at our sons wedding in December 2005. Six and a half months later he had his second heart attack. The second heart attack almost killed him.
    I did my best to get him to change his eating habits before it killed him…but…he wouldn’t. The second heart attack got his attention thank goodness.
    He actually has lost 20 pounds more then TOPS says he lost. He lost 10 pounds before he left the hospital and 10 more before he joined TOPS.
    As you and I both know TOPS only recognizes weight lost while we are members of TOPS.
    That is why I wasn’t State Queen. I had lost most of my weight before I joined any weight loss group. I simply couldn’t get myself there. But like I told my Area Caption and State Coordinator the most important thing here is the weight is gone and I can walk again.
    I wasn’t even driving for several years. The weight I was carrying around on my joints was more then I could stand. The pain was horrible. I could only walk a few feet at a time and then I had to sit down. I could go no where with out someone to get my wheelchair or my scooter out for me. If I went somewhere I couldn’t take my scooter in I had to have someone push me in my wheelchair. Plus I just couldn’t drive because of the severe pain I was in.
    Even today sometimes it is almost more then I can do to drive….just turning my head and twisting my back to drive. I have scoliosis, spurs on my spine and collapsed disk in my back. I also have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis. So needless to say while I was so large no I wasn’t driving at all, was in a wheelchair and could not get to the meetings.
    Exercising is something I couldn’t even do before I lost weight. I didn’t join the gym or exercise until I was 30 pounds from my goal weight and even then it was hard to do and very very painful. I tried Yoga and almost passed out 3 times during my first class….so….no more Yoga for me. I did manage to do PPPPP for a little while.
    The last time I was in the gym (which was a little over 2 years ago) I was working out with my personal trainer and tore a muscle from the bone at my elbow. A few minutes later I almost passed out. The next thing I knew they had me on the floor with my feet propped up poking cookies in my mouth. I haven’t been back since….doctors orders. I hope to go back to the gym soon. My trainer knew about my health issues and since she had study about such conditions she knew what to do and how to treat and train me.
    Now at best the most I can do here at home is walk on my tread mill for 10 minutes at a time before my back is screaming with pain.
    Since it is SO VERY hard for me to lose weight when I hurt my knee I try to do some chair exercises. But my shoulders and back crackle, pop and grind like you would not believe. So I am not doing that very much but the hand weights are working out better for me right now.

As for being silly I agree with cm it is mandatory and should always be. I love silly! That is how I get through my days. My cats think I am crazy LOL

tdroseler…hang in there and as you know we have our ups and downs….good days and bad days….and before you know it we will be celebrating you as your States Queen or even International Queen at IRD.

Hugs!
    Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    OK it is official I am a MORON!!

You see the PPPP in the post above this one?? I was suppose to go look up how to spell Pilates before posting that and I forgot. Soooooo….the PPPPP is Pilates. Sorry y’all for being such a ditz.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Loretta_Jo,

You may be the smartest "moron" I know.:wink: