What was your first week working out like?

Options
Hey, all!

What was your first week seriously working out as part of your weight loss journey like? I need some inspiration.

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Honestly I do not remember the beginning stages of lifting too well. I remember being like 200 pounds at age 14. I started to bench press age 16-17 95x10x3. I did not really do any legs at all.

For weight loss I was always just pushing and pushing to progressive even too hard. (weights and cardio wise) I guess my first pic on left was the result of my serious working out. I failed. I was weak. My diet was no where near what I should of been eating for the amount of exercise I did six days a week.

Exercise gets easier. It is fun exercise time should be fun time. The aftermath feeling is what I like to feel everyday.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Week 1 of C210K is where I started. I gave it about 7 weeks before I scrapped that and started lifting.

But it doesn't matter what I did. What do you like or want to do?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Week 1 of C25K. I lasted about 4 weeks before I got tired of it. I spent a lot of time walking and jogging until I finally found something I love. Made working out easier. Just pick something you enjoy and go do it.
  • christinelimei
    christinelimei Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started on an elliptical at the gym 3-4 days a week for 30 minutes each. Now I've added weight training and outdoor jogging/walking.
  • bigsistruck
    bigsistruck Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I started out doing beginner cardio workouts at home (such as Denise Austin) and at the time I thought it was pretty tough! Fast forward to 4 months later, and I won't even do those workouts anymore because they are way too easy!!! =)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Hell. I was 60 lbs heavier and always out of breath so I started off slow with just walking. It got a lot easier after the first couple of weeks. Don't give up.