Changing start weight?

Options
I am just wondering if it is possible to change your start weight?
It was set lower than my actual weight, and I've lost three pounds.. I'd like to fix it so I can have an accurate reading if possible?

THANKS!

Replies

• arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You can edit previous entries and update the first entry =)
  • jelkins2000
    jelkins2000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've done it a couple times, but have since forgotten how. Play around with your profile settings and you should be able to figure it out.
  • cookiegy
    cookiegy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yes - here is how from the help page.

If you'd like to change your starting weight and date, remove erroneous entries, or add weight entries prior to your start date with MyFitnessPal, you can do so by logging into our website at http://www.myfitnesspal.com. Mobile app users should log in using the same username and password they use in the app.

Once you've logged in, click "My Home", then "Check-in", then "Edit Previous Entries". On that page, you can delete weight entries, or add new entries for any date. Any changes you make will be synced to the app automatically once the app is connected to the internet.

Users of our iOS app can also remove erroneous weight or measurement entries by swiping the entry from right to left in the list, then tapping the revealed "Delete" button.
  • jaegging
    jaegging Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you go to the Check In page, there's an option to edit previous entries. Starting weight is right at the top.
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    here you go sweetie

Just change current weight to what it should of been

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

huggz
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Click on "Settings" then click on "Update diet/fitness goals" next you need to change your ticker, Click on the "Apps" tab select "ticker" from the second toolbar, then click on the "update your weight data"

Hope this helps :smile:
  • jke78
    jke78 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am just wondering if it is possible to change your start weight?
    It was set lower than my actual weight, and I've lost three pounds.. I'd like to fix it so I can have an accurate reading if possible?

THANKS!

Thank you so much for asking this, I was wondering the same thing. In my case I started the diet before I found mfp and I wanted to go from that point.

:happy:
  • luvtobemom
    luvtobemom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Even though I've edited the entries I wanted to, there is still a 'starting weight' of zero which I didn't enter. When I list the entries to edit, it doesn't appear so I don't know how to get rid of it. Anyone? :smiley:
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    luvtobemom wrote: »
    Even though I've edited the entries I wanted to, there is still a 'starting weight' of zero which I didn't enter. When I list the entries to edit, it doesn't appear so I don't know how to get rid of it. Anyone? :smiley:

I am going to assume that you are talking about the Charts and Reports page of the REPORTS section on the Web version - which has a known issue when displaying the graph of your weight, because that is the only place I can think of that you may see a zero starting weight (unless you actually entered zero as your starting weight :smile:).

If so, I would recommend that you backdate your starting date/weight by one year, so that the Reports weight chart will not include a zero value for all reporting period options.

If that is not the case, here are the instructions on how to updated your starting weight.

Please see this article, and search for other helpful articles, on the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/237365-my-profile-ticker-or-weight-loss-graph-is-not-reflecting-my-actual-weight-loss-

You must use the Web version, not the mobile apps, to update your starting weight or edit previous entries. On your mobile device, you can use the Web browser and request to load the desktop site.

Navigate to APPS > Tickers > Update your weight data. Enter your desired starting weight and click Save Changes. That will update the oldest date/weight in your profile.

Alternately, navigate to MY HOME > Check-in > Edit Previous Entries.
    a. Enter a new value in the Starting Weight text box and click Change; or
    b. Scroll down and click on the highest page number to take you to the oldest date/weight entry. Once you find your oldest date/weight entry, under Add New Entry, enter the new date/weight and click Add New Entry. That will replace the oldest date/weight with your new one.
    c. If you want to keep all of your historical data, Add New Entry at least one day older than the oldest date/weight.