I clearly can't lose weight. Should I still exercise?

Options
13»

Replies

• Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    Options
    Don't give up on exercise, it's always a good thing - especially for your overall health.

Also, you're already pretty small and don't have that much to lose so it will probably be harder to see immediate results.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Only one month, and I gain with time of month fluctuations anyway, while you also had a holiday off eating. So what really happened, most likely, is you put in half the effort for only a small amount of time, and expected max. results. Keep trying more consistantly and in 3 months time if you haven't lost any, then be sure to get a medical evaluation to rule out reasons why you are eating a weight loss amount of calories and exercising regularly but still not loosing weight. There are medical reasons why some people won't let go of weight despite trying.

If you log it all very carefully this website has excelent reports you can print for the doctor or nutritionist to see exactly what your efforts have been for exercise and detailed nutritional reports! So this is no loss; consider it homework for some other help if this website doesn't give you results.

Personally, I know that before logging consistantly and honestly I was not really eating like I thought. And one month is not long enough for your body to respond because of normal things that might have got in the way of this particular 3 weeks or so.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options

Edited to add: i just noticed your screen name. I offer you some 'Earl grey, Hot.'

Tee hee! :laugh:
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Beth, If this was easy, we wouldn;t be here cause we would all be on the beach showing off our rock hard abs!! It takes time, butpush through it cause your body will figure out what your doing, and it will change!!! Keep your head up, keep excercising and eating right, and it will happen!! Simple, burn more calories than you take in, and it is impossible to not lose.

Exactly what he said. :glasses:
  • trekkiebeth
    Options
    A lot of my attitude right now is because I'm so emotional. A year and a half ago I weighed 134. It's been awful to feel so out of control as I got heavier and heavier. I've worked out on and off that whole time, but it's been difficult to be consistent with it. Plus I've always had severe self esteem issues connected with my body.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    "So since I'm incapable of losing weight" :huh:

Unless you have some kind of medical reason that would prevent you from losing weight, I'd say this is nonsense. Review what you are eating & drinking, watch those calories (not too much, not too few) and no doubt you will start to lose again. And by all means, as the other posters have said, keep exercising. It will help tone you up, is good for your heart, and will help you rebuild your confidence. Onward with POSTIVE self talk! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

You said exactly what I was thinking...