What's the secret behind weight loss??

Options

Replies

• Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    You might be overestimating your deficit but it's hard to say. A month is a short time. Keep doing what you're doing and come back in a month. ;-)
  • harshada10
    harshada10 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It took me maybe two weeks to lose the first pound... I think it was due to building muscle. After the first two weeks, I was losing more quickly. You could be approaching that point, so don't give up ????

Ya might be. Currently I'm just doing brisk walks. I'm really not a gym person. I should try to incorporate more intense exercises in my routine which I can do outside.
  • harshada10
    Options
    You might be overestimating your deficit but it's hard to say. A month is a short time. Keep doing what you're doing and come back in a month. ;-)

Yeah will try :)
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    how are you creating the deficit ? are you actually eating what you should be and excerising if your starving yourself your body will try and store what do eat. also what are you eating? when your eating are you eatting fatty or highly processed foods, those will be harder on your system and could cause fat storage. I recommend a Whole foods plant based diet

Just...no

OP, I agree with the others...you're most likely underestimating what you're eating and/or overestimating what you're burning.
    just no? do you just no science,whats your reasoning?

My reasoning? I eat what I want in moderation and don't worry about special diets, and I've lost fine. I've earned the ice cream I'm eating right now.
    you certainly can eat those things and lose weight i never said you couldnt but my suggestion was for optimal health and weightloss, i also didnt diss' treats there are whole food plant based treats if you want to be super healthy or no whole food but still plant based treats etc no one mentioned you or what you eat i was making a suggestion to the poster based off of science. sorry if i seem harsh but if you wanted to offer an opinion to the OP you didnt need to reply to my post to do that which is why i replied to the clarify that my recommendations are based in science from research iv done both indendantly and as taking nutrition in uni and recommendations from the UN.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I notice you pick generic entries from the data base like "medium bananas" rather than a weighted value of the item. Are you eyeballing or using a digital food scale to weigh solids? This could help with potential logging errors. Calorie dense items do add up if logged in accurately
  • harshada10
    Options
    The best way for you to lose weight is to make sure you are eating at a calorie deficiency by weighing your food as often as possible. Understand high sodium causes water weight as well so keep an eye on your sodium level, too.

Thanks! Will cut down on sodium.
  • carmelo2003
    Options
    let me help you out. Consume 66% or more of fat from whole foods. 22-26% from protein and keep carbohydrates 10% 0r below. Drop the sugar/sugar drinks/breads/grains. and gluten wheat products, cakes and processed foods, and you will have FAT melt off.

stop counting calories................a waste of time. I lost 60 pounds in 2 years. I eat 2800- 4500 calories all the time.
  • harshada10
    Options
    I notice you pick generic entries from the data base like "medium bananas" rather than a weighted value of the item. Are you eyeballing or using a digital food scale to weigh solids? This could help with potential logging errors. Calorie dense items do add up if logged in accurately

I actually don't have a food scale. :(
  • carmelo2003
    Options
    counting calories is dumb
  • sarajenivieve
    Options
    please dont cut your carbs that low, you will lose weight but its bad for your body long term , if you feel you need to lower carbs try not to go lower then 20%
  • carmelo2003
    Options
    consume whole foods and keep high fat......medium protein and STOP EATING CARBS........................THE key THING IS whole foods. ............................eat your eggs, olive oil,bacon,avocados,peanut butter...........stop counting calories...............fat burns fat.........end of story. drop the processed junk foods..........................
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    consume whole foods and keep high fat......medium protein and STOP EATING CARBS........................THE key THING IS whole foods. ............................eat your eggs, olive oil,bacon,avocados,peanut butter...........stop counting calories...............fat burns fat.........end of story. drop the processed junk foods..........................

You're not the boss of me

Calorie deficit burns fat. ..actually. Fat burns fat? What science book did you read that in? Magic for muggles?
  • sarajenivieve
    Options
    camwhile your right about whole foods despite the quick weightloss cutting carbs out is not healthy long term
  • carmelo2003
    Options
    ridiculous...............low carbs is the way to go as longa s you consume fiber from fruits and vegetables at 50 grams of fiber or more. you will be fine.

Carbohydrates is the number one problem in the US along with sugar and WHEAT................wake up.......those days are TIRED......those foods do not work along with long cardio and all this nonsense that low carbs are bad for you............completely and utterly ridiculous.......................
  • BennettV72
    Options
    I saw that someone else mentioned the generic items as well, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in. I've found that I am terrible at eyeballing food and that even mass-produced items (such as biscuits) can have pretty decent weight variances.

Food scales are very inexpensive and if you've already done this for a month straight with little loss to show for your effort, I think you definitely owe it to yourself to pick one up!

Good luck with your journey!
  • sarajenivieve
    Options
    Cam i suggest you maybe take a nutrition course , coursera has some you can do from universities for free because the information that you are promoting isnt exactly aqurate
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Harshada,

Looking at your diary, it appears you are eating none or very little of your exercise calories back. I don't eat mine back either. The only other explanation for your lack of loss is that you've unintentionally underestimated your caloric intake.

1. Until you get really good at it (I'm still not), weigh and measure your food so you get accurate calories.

2. Get yourself a digital food scale (around $14 at Wal-Mart).

3. Try not to use any food on the list that starts with "Homemade". I have yet to see one that didn't underestimate the actual calories.

Best wishes to you!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

I actually don't have a food scale. :(

Time to buy one. You're probably eating a lot more than you think you are.
  • harshada10
    Options
    Harshada,

Looking at your diary, it appears you are eating none or very little of your exercise calories back. I don't eat mine back either. The only other explanation for your lack of loss is that you've unintentionally underestimated your caloric intake.

1. Until you get really good at it (I'm still not), weigh and measure your food so you get accurate calories.

2. Get yourself a digital food scale (around $14 at Wal-Mart).

3. Try not to use any food on the list that starts with "Homemade". I have yet to see one that didn't underestimate the actual calories.

Best wishes to you!

Thank you :)
    Yes I'll buy one.