600 Calorie Pizza!!

Options
cherryblossombabe
cherryblossombabe Posts: 113 Member
Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius.

Ingredients!

1 tortilla wrap (I use mission deli wheat and white)
100g COOKED chicken breast
2 tbsp passata sauce (Italian tomato sauce)
50g low fat cheddar cheese (I use weight watchers grated cheddar)
20g light soft cheese spread (I use Asda 50% less fat brand, plain)
Cholula hot sauce (optional)
Garlic granules (optional)
1 red onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
1 yellow pepper chopped
( you can have any topping you like, just check your calories)

Here's what you need to do:

1. Pop the tortilla wrap into your oven for about a minute, minute and a half or until it crisps up a little bit.. Nothing worse than a soggy pizza base!

2. Take your soft cheese spread and get it all evenly spread over your base.

3. Pop on you passata sauce over your cheese spread and get that smoothed out.

4. Sprinkle on a pinch of garlic granules ( or 5 lol ), few drizzles of your cholula hot sauce and salt and pepper. This stage is optional, you can season to your own taste.

5. Get your toppings layered on, tomatos, chicken, onions and peppers.

6. Sprinkle over the grated cheddar cheese

Pop in the oven for around 10 - 15 mins until veg cooked and cheese golden :)

ENJOY ????

Here's one I made! Tweaked the ingredients so it ended up 500 cals! Result ????????

Replies

• Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    The calories on this seem crazy high, especially for the low fat items.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Pfffft tortilla = not a pizza. For what it's worth, if you make your own dough, you can make a 700 calories pizza.
  • ZombieMom79
    ZombieMom79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would prefer a slice or two of real pizza. And as mentioned above, I make my own dough and with toppings can have 3 slices of my homemade pizza.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Pfffft tortilla = not a pizza. For what it's worth, if you make your own dough, you can make a 700 calories pizza.
    This this AND this.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    A lot of people on here don't like substitutes but I see nothing wrong with getting creative. Some people don't have time to make their own dough or get a craving for pizza and just wanna make and eat it right away.... then substitutes come in handy :) Saw the IG pic, looks yummy!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Yes it looks good, but the title is misleading. It's not pizza.
  • cherryblossombabe
    cherryblossombabe Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Listen if you don't want to make it there no pressure..chill out guys! And for those who said make your own dough, I do not have the time to do so. I use a tortilla wrap as it gives an AWSOME crisp base :) for those who try out this recipe enjoy!! Great for a quick lunch idea.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea! Thanks xx
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I have made one like this many times by using a tortilla... Sometimes use a pita. Doesn't matter what it's called as long as it is a sub for pizza Have to try this one..
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I want french bread pizza now :love:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I usually make it with pita as well. Love it. I do think though that yours would be a lot less than 600 calories. How many calories is the tortilla alone?
  • RollosJ
    RollosJ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Seems easy enough, definitely going to have to try this soon. Thank you!
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Crunchy. I like it!
    A tortilla wrap is a great way to get in all your carbs for the day. You can build anything from that base.

The local pizza parlor is legendary for their creative pizzas. They have a taco pizza, the opposite of your pizza taco.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I do the pita pizza thing all the time, tortilla sometimes too. I love it and think it's a great substitute for take out. Mine are around 4-500 cals and hit the spot when I am looking for something quick and satisfying. It's also cheaper than delivery!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I just ate a whole freschetta Canadian bacon and pineapple thin crust for 990. They are delicious.
  • habit365
    habit365 Posts: 174
    Options
    In addition to pitas and tortillas, I also like using toasted English muffins as a base for pizza. Or even (cover your eyes pizza purists) sliced squash for squash boat pizzas. For me, if it has pepperoni and cheese on it, Imma gonna call it pizza and the ones without 500 calories of dough are easier to fit in my macros.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    COngratulations. You have achieved the flat open faced italian burrito. However that is NOT a pizza. DOUGH is required for pizza.
  • shouldice9
    shouldice9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have made these and it is a quick fix for pizza. I have also used Nann bread thinner than a pita.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I agree this seems awful high in calories for such ingredients!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    COngratulations. You have achieved the flat open faced italian burrito. However that is NOT a pizza. DOUGH is required for pizza.

Why is everyone so hung up on the dough. I get it, but if she found a substitute.... So be it. For those of you so hooked on the concept of this please explain French Bread Pizza.... Check out the frozen section....