it's just me again....

Options
How many times have I restarted? Oh, I don't know. Each time, I do ok for awhile, then I lose my mojo, or whatever you want to call it. I do ok -- not great. I think that may be part of the reason I lose motivation. I'm just not that successful.
So , for this fresh start, I'm going to be more positive about myself. I read something about how you will be more successful if you stop putting yourself down. And I do tend to put myself down. Usually in a kidding way, but it's still negative things. Probably not good for me to call myself 'Fatty McButterpants'. So that is the last time I will refer to myself, or anyone, in that way. Just to be clear, I have never referred to anyone else with that term. Just me.
So being humorous or harsh with myself hasn't worked. I'm not even going to be down on myself about my numerous restarts. What else can I do? Just give up?
I believe in counting calories. As much as I would love to not ever have to do that again, it's just a fact that I have to do it. I have a fitbit, so I might do it on that site. I do like the support you get on this site, so friend requests are more than welcome. I tend to post more on my profile than I do here on the message boards.
I am taking this seriously. I am prepared to put in the work. I am prepared to keep track of every morsel. I will just keep telling myself how much better I will feel. And I start to feel better immediately. I'm always shocked how easy it is to over eat. Even those days you think you do well --- you start tallying up those calories and OOPS!!
So anyway, I am open to any and all friends. I am a 50 year old woman, who needs to lose about 50 pounds. This is gonna be great, right?

Replies

• rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    you bet! just the fact that you keep coming back and trying again says a lot.
  • jacquib234
    jacquib234 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's like listening to myself. I'm also a 50 year old woman just changing careers (from accountant to Lorry Driver) and losing weight. I'm luck I've been supported by my doctors practice and learnt such a lot. Mainly, I don't do diets (whatever I can't or shouldn't have is what I want) so, I'm creating a new normal way of being - usually being good but accepting that I will fall off the path now and again the most important bit is to (exactly as you have) get back on it.

How about travelling together?
  • dexlyn813
    dexlyn813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I came back after two year and I have been back a month now. Don't give up you will reach all your goals. Best of luck to you.