Looking good in a suit

Options
I'm getting married in a few weeks. Yay! Does anyone have tips on weightlifting to look good in a suit? Should I concentrate on shoulders? I've been doing a lot of bodyweight stuff, pullups, pushups, and dips, and I really haven't seen much improvement in that area, though my biceps and triceps do look a bit bigger. Any tips? I know it's only a few weeks away, but I'm willing to work extra hard!

Replies

• jazzy_45
    jazzy_45 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wear shoulders pads if you want your shoulders to look bigger.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

If it's a few weeks away, the best thing you can do to look good in a suit is this: get a suit that fits you. Check out this link:
    http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/09/25/good-fitted-suit-visual/

You can't add much muscle in a few weeks, and you can't really add any without bulking, which will add fat, too. You could eat at a deficit and lose a bit more fat (3-6 lb. depending on your current weight), which might make something of a difference; the lighter you are, the more of a difference it would make.

But really, at this point, tailoring and confidence are the way to go.
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

If it's a few weeks away, the best thing you can do to look good in a suit is this: get a suit that fits you. Check out this link:
    http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/09/25/good-fitted-suit-visual/

You can't add much muscle in a few weeks, and you can't really add any without bulking, which will add fat, too. You could eat at a deficit and lose a bit more fat (3-6 lb. depending on your current weight), which might make something of a difference; the lighter you are, the more of a difference it would make.

But really, at this point, tailoring and confidence are the way to go.
    All of this is great. At this point, almost any change in body comp will be hidden under a suit anyway. Dropping an inch around the waist would be the best bang for your buck. It'll make your shoulders look larger in comparison. Spend a few bucks and get a suit tailored by someone who knows what they are doing.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Agreed. You can't make any changes in a few weeks time, aside from perhaps improving your posture a bit. Beyond that, working with a good tailor is key.