Your Shape - Kinnect

Mamakatspokane
Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all! :smile: Not sure if this has been a topic or not (just coming back today after.....awhile:blushing: ...). Is anyone doing the Your Shape Kinnect? I'm starting tonight if anyone wants to join me. Does anyone have any tips or anything they hate about the program?
Thanks MFP Friends!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Mamakatspokane
    No one got a Kinnect from Santa???
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Hi there!

I've posted about this before but I've found the Kinect to be a pretty effective fitness tool. I have 'Your Shape' game, and the 'Personal Training' tool does make me sweat! There are so many options and little games that make the whole exercise experience fun :-). I JUST started using EA Sports Active 2.0 as well, and it's a lot more fun to use. There are many more games and activities you can try out, and build your own workouts. To get FULL use of this one though, I need a bigger house (room, at least ;-) ) as the sensor doesn't catch everything in my limited space. Whereas, with YourShape I've had no issues with space....

All in all, it's fun! Definitely get EA Active 2.0 too, and with both combined, you'll be getting in shape in no time!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Thanks for the advice!:drinker:
  • I have the Kinect but don't have Your Shape, I do have the BL game though and love it
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,035 Member
    Santa got our son a Kinect. We don't have Your Shape, but we have Adventures, Sports, Motion Sports, and Dance Central. I'll be eager to hear what you think of Your Shape. We may need to add it to our collection.
  • Mamakatspokane
    We have Adventures & Sports which I love. I'm excited to try Shape....I debated between that and Biggest Loser. I may rent Biggest Loser & EA Sports to see if I need to add any to my collection!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I have kinect, you know how there's all those demo's when you get it? I got the actual ones...I'll let you know how it goes after tonight...i have a really good HRM too so it should be pretty accurate
  • Oo I'll be very interested to see how you all got on. My birthday in a fortnight and thought I might treat myself. I also like the idea of renting those other two!
  • lilRicki
    hot damn my body hurts...i did the your shape cardio with a trainer last night...the HRM on kinect is WAY off...it said i only burned 66 calories but my HRM said 272...so i went with my HRM lol...still really low calorie burn but my legs are sore today. not sure if i love it or not, but it got me sweating so i guess that's good.
  • karensp
    karensp Posts: 37 Member
    Hi there, I bought your shape today, was a bit short for time so did 20 mins on the games, going to start with the personal trainer tomorrow,
    It is a bit of an eye opener to see myself in real size..
    But that makes me more determined!!!
    Add me I need friends to keep me motivated xx Karen
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Yes, the calorie counter on Kinect seems a little low. Oftentimes I'm sweating more than I expect to and so I assume I'm burning more than it's saying. I mean, its better that it under-reads instead of over-reads, but I'd like to know how much I'm actually burning.

Is a HRM worth getting? I've been looking at them lately but can't seem to make up my mind as to whether to get one or not....
  • lilRicki
    Yes, the calorie counter on Kinect seems a little low. Oftentimes I'm sweating more than I expect to and so I assume I'm burning more than it's saying. I mean, its better that it under-reads instead of over-reads, but I'd like to know how much I'm actually burning.

Is a HRM worth getting? I've been looking at them lately but can't seem to make up my mind as to whether to get one or not....

I totally think that a HRM is worth it...and I'm a thrifty person lol...I spent $70 (Canadian) and I love it! I use it for everything...I can't believe how much I burn on Sundays when I scrub the house...it's more than any work out...plus I knew I'd be working out at home so I had to find something that could give me a calorie count. I don't trust the machines at the gym, and I'm not going to sit and count my heart beats constantly...totally worth the money. Look on Amazon.com or .ca that's where i bought mine.
  • Mamakatspokane
    It makes me feel like the fat uncordinated kid in class :blushing: I hate how HUGE I look (I know it's how I really look) and that I will do everything perfect but not get my squat or something far enough down and I'll get a 96%. My other complaint is 20 minutes of "CARDIO" kickboxing burned 79 calories....It just moves through the moves so slow for me. I'm hoping once I "open" all the classes it'll pick up the pace. That said.....I was sore today after 2 days of doing it.:ohwell:
This discussion has been closed.