My One Year Anniversary Today

Options
Today was my one year anniversary with MFP--365 days since I began my healthy lifestyle changes. After a health scare, the doctor made it clear that I needed to make some changes if I wanted to avoid a heart attack or stroke.

I made it my goal to lose 50 pounds, which would move me from just above the obese point down through overweight and across the finish line into healthy weight. I have enjoyed the exercise and changed my eating habits and a year later, I am down 60 pounds and well in the healthy BMI range. Blood pressure and cholesterol are at healthy levels. I

feel so much better and have much more energy and stamina. That amount of weight taken off your frame makes life more comfortable! I certainly had my ups and downs, failures and victories, but after one year I am feeling great and am thankful for all I have accomplished so far.

My 13 year old son has been my biggest helper and supporter. I did it for him and couldn't have done it without him. Thanks also to this site and app for giving me the tools to make it happen.

Not as visually dramatic a change as many others around here, but I'll share a picture anyway.

52gf1s.jpg

Replies

• lyrics09
    lyrics09 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Grats! You definitely look younger and soooo great! I can't wait for 1 yr anniversary one day far from here lol. That is some awesome dedication, keep it up!! :)

I find that I feel the differences way before I can see any differences too-- the more energy, stamina, slightly more confident etc.

This journey certainly isn't easy.
  • tomandshell
    tomandshell Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I felt better before I looked better, at least in my opinion.

I picked up a 50 pound bag at the store and imagined carrying that around all day. I used to be tired and sore all the time. I creaked and popped and needed a hand up from the couch now and then. The change in energy level and comfort really motivated me to push forward. I'm also sleeping so much better. It's all been worth it.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    That's awesome.
    You should be very proud of yourself.
  • tenshi125
    Options
    You look amazing! And you can definitely tell the difference from your before & after pics!! Congrats on your success and new life. You are an inspiration! ☺️
  • Elivingword
    Elivingword Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So proud for you. Keep up the good work.
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Those are all amazing NSVs!! So much more important than just the number on the scale. :-)
  • Baconist
    Baconist Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Huge change! Awesomeness, congrats.
  • weight2go
    weight2go Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrads and thanks for posting. :flowerforyou:
  • yc4king
    yc4king Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Awesome, great work!
  • lunalee84
    lunalee84 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Well done for being a great role model for your family.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    That's a huge change, congratulations!
  • cowleyl
    cowleyl Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You look great, and you are an inspiration to me. I have lost around 60 lb and, like you, it's hard for me to see the difference. Weight loss is such a matter of winning the mind games. If I can work out how to split the photos, I'll put my before and now up soon. Congratulations.
  • mrhonesty
    mrhonesty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Happy one year. You look great!
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Big change! You look great and, perhaps more to the point, you look really healthy. Job well done. :flowerforyou:
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! So inspiring to read these stories, I love it that folks are able to share!

You know you earned this through your hard work and focus...ups and downs, good and bad days...we all have them. Some let them spiral out of control and knock out any good work already done, but not you.

I totally see the difference in your pics, especially the glow of happiness! Well done!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look amazing so happy for you! :flowerforyou:
  • Rowood101
    Rowood101 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You can totally see a difference in your appearance. Thanks for sharing your story and congratulations on an amazing accomplishment.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Happy healthday to you! 365 wooohooooo~! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!