What's on your playlist??

Options
If you're like me, a good play list can make all the difference to getting me out of bed and really moving during my work out:happy: I'm constantly looking for new tunes to incorporate, and I'd like to know what everyone's listening to. A new MFP/Facebook friend has been hooking me up lately, but I want to know what everyone else is doing. I'm pretty open to all kinds of music, but there are some songs that work better for me than others in the gym. What are yours??

Mine this morning was:
S&M Rihanna
I Party Far East Movement
Tonight Enrique Iglasias
Celebration Madonna
Poker Face
and a bunch of Tiesto

Happy Tuesday!
XXOO

Replies

• camille45
    camille45 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    old skool jams get me going, maybe your too young to know some of em, but some are classics and they can really get you movin

Lets Dance by David Bowie
    Play that Funky Music by Wild Cherry
    Lovergirl by Teena Marie
    and anything uptempo by Prince..

I also have in my ipod Bottoms Up (really gets you moving) by Trey Songs and Nicki Minaj. Listening to these on the treadmil helps me stay on it longer because im looking forward to hearing them all!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Time is running out - Muse
    Supermassive Black Hole - Muse
    Like a G6 - Far East Movement
    Rocketeer - Far East Movement
    I like it (cardio mix) - Enrique Iglesias
    Cuz I can - Pink
    Stupid Girls - Pink
    No Rest for the Wicked - Cage the Elephant
    Crank That (travis barker remix ) - Souljah Boy
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    If you like DJs & Sampling, you should maybe give Girl Talk a try, the album Night Ripper is probably the best one.

My last workout was just Girl talk songs. The one before that had stuff like:

Rihanna - Don't Stop the Music
    Run DMC - It's Tricky
    Thelma Houston - Don't Leave Me this way
    Cycle Sluts From Hell - I wish you were a beer
    Hot Hot Heat - Goodnight Goodnight
    Clash - Train in Vain
  • glandis
    glandis Posts: 89
    Options
    Time is running out - Muse
    Supermassive Black Hole - Muse
    Like a G6 - Far East Movement
    Rocketeer - Far East Movement
    I like it (cardio mix) - Enrique Iglesias
    Cuz I can - Pink
    Stupid Girls - Pink
    No Rest for the Wicked - Cage the Elephant
    Crank That (travis barker remix ) - Souljah Boy

Travis barker's crank that is awesome. Check out his "Umbrella" remix too!
  • Ssminey79
    Ssminey79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have the Pandora App on my phone and I have a Beastie Boys channel. Old School!:tongue:
  • ahaney2010
    Options
    This is an awesome thread!!

My favorites include:

Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed
    Florence and the Machine - Kiss with a Fist
    Vampire Weekend - The Kids Don't Stand a Chance (Remix)
    Anything my Muse (especially Muscle Museum)
    Black Keys - She Said She Said

...to name a few :)
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!! Can't wait to try these: ) Keep 'em comin:flowerforyou:
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    the problem I have with songs is the various tempos so for running I like to use Podrunner podcasts. They are basically electronic type music but at various fixed paces and each one runs for about hour. They can be downloaded free. You can search for it on the internet or download via ITunes
  • kidtechnical
    Options
    I used to listen to upbeat trance music, but last few times I ran I listened to 80s music. I have the Ashes to Ashes soundtracks (UK) and it really gets me moving because I totally covet Keeley Hawes figure (we're the same age). Gino by Dexys Midnight Runners and Girls on Film by Duran Duran are among my favourites, I love a bit of Bowie too.
  • btrflyflutter
    btrflyflutter Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Podrunner podcasts? Never heard of that schobert101....may have to check that out! Right now on my list of walking/jogging music is :

Garbage
    Evanescence
    Sting
    Kelly Clarkston
    Heart
    Rhianna

But it changes...when I get tired of them I switch it up!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    These are a few of the bands that I have on every workout playlist:

Seether
    Breaking Benjamin
    Three Days Grace
    Metallica
    Bullet For My Valentine
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Disturbed
    Killswitch Engage
    Theory Of A Dead Man
    As I Lay Dying
    Demon Hunter
    Linkin Park
    Paramore
    Shiny Toy Guns
    Muse
    Metric
    Gary Jules
  • flaswtness
    flaswtness Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Pandora on my IPhone plays the music I love. Try it out.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Loca by Shakira is an awesome workout song and I am not even a fan of hers:)
  • rrios
    rrios Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have all kinds of music on my I-Pod. Salsa-Gilberto Santa Rosa, Old School Hip Hop-Black Sheep, Merengue-Juan Luis Guerra, Alternative-Stone Temple Pilots, Gospel-Cece Winans and Michael W. Smith, Reggeaton-Don Omar. Heavy Metal- Disturbed, Free Style TKA, I have several songs by Creed, 2 songs from the old school rap group known as ONYX- Then you have electronic music genre like Crystal Method, The Art of Noise, and Kraftwerk. Sexual healing by Marvin Gaye.. a little R&B for the cool downs. Anything that energizes me to push myself harder. Take the song "blow me away" by breaking benjamin. I crank up the speed on the treadmill because that songs pumps me up. The song Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson has the same effect. I am not crazy about running to begin with so instead of focusing on running for 45 minutes I focus on running to 10-12 songs. Each song is about 4 minutes + so before you know it I am done and off the treadmill
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    I also use Pandora sometimes. There's a channel called 21 min workout that I like to use. Recently I've been listening to a playlist I made. Here's a some songs on it.

Here Comes The Boom
    Animal
    Headstrong
    Down With The Sickness
    No Speak Americano
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    Ive just bought a nano ipod because the Gym music was driving nuts with lady Ga Ga , Bruno Mars etc

On the ipod I have music by Poison , Motley Crue , Queen , Tuff , Tesla , Jovi , The Poor ,
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Today it made all the difference. The B-52s' first three albums have awesome beats to them. Today one song helped me adjust my stride on the treadmill and another got me through the last 3/4 mile.
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I usually flip through my songs until I find one with a really fast tempo, but I always stop when a really good Michael Jackson song is on.........:happy: