do you custom set the goals or use the recommended?

suejw
suejw Posts: 8
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
do you custom set your calories, fat, carbs, etc. or do you use the recommended percentages? If you custom set, what do you set the percentages for?

Replies

• Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    im still playing with my numbers so right now i've let it figure in for me. 1200 cals before exercise and i burn no less than 300 cals a day.
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    I custom set them because I'm breastfeeding and don't want to get to low. Right now I'm at 2000 but usually don't eat all of them (maybe 100 or so left) and I'm still tinkering with it. For me it's really just the accountability because I know if I have to enter everything on here I will be driving past more of the drive thrus!
  • I custom set them :) I'm eating 1500 a day
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Use recommended.
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Im custom set to 1200 cals right now, 40% carbs 30% fat 30%protein... It's a weird combo I know, but I'm slowly trying to work my way down to 40/20/40 C/F/P and I usually try to burn 400+ cals a day and finish the week at 2000+ burned. However, I have heard that I need to eat more... net at least 1200 cals yadayada... I believe this is true and I am going to a dietitian on the 10th to really get some authoritative advice, because disordered eating is a problem for me... but I think playing around with your intake is fine as long as you eat enough, feel free to peek at my diary, it's public.
    xoxo
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Custom, the protein seems to be way off for anyone who exercises.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Started out with recommended but decided to lower my carbs just a bit and increase my protein. Also lowered my fat a bit. I'm at 50/30/20 - C/P/F. Just trying this to see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.