Got any sneaky exercise tips? I need some.

defygravity531
defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Long story short I work about 60 hours per week. I already do all the traditional things - take the stairs, park far away, get up and go talk to people in person instead of calling, etc. After work there just never seems to be much time to do a full sweaty work out, shower, change, and get to my next committment. Maybe I'm just slow? I'm looking for tips on how to get more movement and even strength training into my day. Thoughts?

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    how much sleep do you get a night?
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    When watching TV do crunches or push ups during commercial breaks.
  • What time do you work in the morning? If you can find the time to get up a little earlier and workout before work than its easier than worrying about it in the evening. Plus this helps get your metabloism going for the whole day.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Maybe working out before work? I don't know what time you have to be there etc... I have to leave my house at 7AM, drop my son off etc.. so I'm usually up at 4AM to workout.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    With my job (not sure w/yours) they still allow two 15min. "smoke breaks" during the day. Combine them into one (if your boss will let you) and go for a 20-25min. walk (when the weather is OK).
  • defygravity531

I USED to get 8 hours faithfully but it's been down around 7 lately. Come to think of it I've been waking up tired so maybe I'll make those 8 hours a non-negotiable priority again. Thanks!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member

I USED to get 8 hours faithfully but it's been down around 7 lately. Come to think of it I've been waking up tired so maybe I'll make those 8 hours a non-negotiable priority again. Thanks!

Eek and I was just going to suggest you shave 30 min off and get up a bit earlier.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day shred is only about 20 minutes. 30 total with warm up and cool down. I burn about 220 calories during this time (I'm 5'2" and about 130). I do it after work and before dinner.

and I try and find time to take a brisk walk in the afternoon at work. My lunch is usually spent at my desk. My walk is only around 20 minutes.
  • You may want to try Jillian Michaels 30 day shred - 20 minutes.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    With my job (not sure w/yours) they still allow two 15min. "smoke breaks" during the day. Combine them into one (if your boss will let you) and go for a 20-25min. walk (when the weather is OK).

This is exacty what i do! My office even has marked walking trails outside and if the weather is bad i just walk the halls indoors. I am not alone in this either.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    workout before work.
    jog or do jumping jacks while watching tv
    be a weekend workout warrior and make sure you workout on the weekends.
    make sure you exercise and vacation days and holidays
    workout at lunch. I eat lunch at my desk at 1pm. I run at the gym at 11am. Keeps me from going for fast food and the mall.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Jog, squats, lunges, jumping jacks, etc during TV commercial breaks. Or just skip that show your not really into anyway and go for a walk.

Also you could try sitting on a stability ball while at work and help strengthen your core.

Curl a jug of milk while you cook.
  • defygravity531
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day shred is only about 20 minutes. 30 total with warm up and cool down. I burn about 220 calories during this time (I'm 5'2" and about 130). I do it after work and before dinner.

and I try and find time to take a brisk walk in the afternoon at work. My lunch is usually spent at my desk. My walk is only around 20 minutes.

Haha, I just bought that on amazon! :)
  • defygravity531
    Jog, squats, lunges, jumping jacks, etc during TV commercial breaks. Or just skip that show your not really into anyway and go for a walk.

Also you could try sitting on a stability ball while at work and help strengthen your core.

Curl a jug of milk while you cook.

Perfect, exactly what I was looking for. I can do squats and lunges in my cubicle without anybody knowing.
  • Willowy_Jen
    Willowy_Jen Posts: 40 Member
    I have that 30 day shred thing but how often are you supposed to do it? Also noticed there are different levels on it. How long do you spend on each level?
This discussion has been closed.