Over 40 - want to halt the middle age spread!

Options
2»

Replies

• fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to get to 115 @becky10rp? Used to be that weight in my 20s but after kids then went to 122 throughout my 30s. Would be happy anything from 115-122.
  • GabyOrourke
    GabyOrourke Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi @fobs13 I am 43, 5'2" Never really had weight issues in 20s and early 30s (never skinny as a bean - but also not overweight). But since about 38 - yuck. What works for me (when I stay on track) is WATER, WATER, WATER, tracking food in a journal, staying away from high sodium processed foods & diet drinks, and getting enough sleep. Diet and exercise is important but my 5'2" 40+ year old frame does not lose weight when these other culprits are in the picture. That's the plan I am re-instigating as of yesterday.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    It didn't take me all that long to get to 115 - I started last August - met my goal by mid November. I work-out every day - but - I also EAT!
  • BigPlayRay68
    BigPlayRay68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    45 and counting! I've lost quite a bit through WW, but got away from core food journaling and started to stagnate. I've come here to journal. I like the macronutrient logging as I'm trying to up protein input for muscle and endurance optimization. CrossFit calls in 90 minutes!
  • mefjenk
    mefjenk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and my wife is 45 and after years of being able to eat what we want we're also in this trap. There's nothing more discouraging than to beat up the treadmill, stay way under your calorie count, weigh the next morning and be exactly the same (or up in weight). If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears!
  • fobs13
    Options
    @mefjenk sent a friend request.
  • forestwitch
    forestwitch Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes. Been there ... doing that. Wore the same size clothes from my mid teens all the way into my 30s. Then hit 40 and the weight just kept on coming. Finally got the weight to stop, it is the back peddling that is tough. Nice to know we are in good company. :wink:
  • fobs13
    Options
    I love this website as it's great to connect with people in different countries all with similar goals and struggles.
  • kimble77
    Options
    Hi, 48 just returning to my fit pal as ignoring the issue for 2 years has not been successful and I just do not feel well so i need to do something about it. Oh and if you can help me edit my picture that would be great - i cannot figure out how to spin it.

• moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 in March, feel free to add me! :)
  • SNYDERINSPIRED
    Options
    45 5'5" and want to lose about 12-15 more lbs. Same story - was thin and tone through my 20's and early 30's. When I turned 35 was when I started gaining a couple of lbs a year and it didn't budge as quickly. 10 years later... I've held onto an extra 10 - 15 lbs for many years and this year (recently) hit my all-time high of 153!! I'm down to 140 as of this morning with a goal weight of 125-128ish (I'll know when I get there! lol) Would love to connect with other like minded peeps!
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me- turned 40 in July. Weight had crept up through my 30's- my 40th birthday was an incentive to halt the spread. Am now around goal weight and hoping to stay there ;)
  • fobs13
    Options
    sending requests to all I haven't already connected with....Glad we all have something in common.
  • KimFreya74
    Options
    Turned 40 this summer! Lost approx 68 lbs 2.5 years ago but put on 20 over the last year. Feel free to add me. I'd like to lose the 20lbs I gained, with an additional 25. Ready to lose it for 2015!
  • fobs13
    Options
    Sent you one now.
  • KathySRW
    KathySRW Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I added you all now. I'm 49 just lost 5 pounds in the last few weeks, and am trying to lose 20 more.
  • rterilynn
    rterilynn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    44 1/2 and back pain sufferer too. Feel free to add me. :)
  • consideritdonemi
    consideritdonemi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Am 5'2" and turning 40 next month and, like @becky10rp, I started at 143 lbs on Aug. 17th. Weighed myself today and I am down 12.5 lbs. I readjusted my goal to 120 lbs instead of 125 lbs
    and expect (hope) to be there before the end of the year. I really haven't been super strict and Type A about things, but I am moving more and with a purpose.
  • fobs13
    Options
    How's everyone doing with their weight. Loss? Down 6 lb so far so definitely the slowly but surely route. Loving this site and all the great people I have added so far.