60 by 60

Options
I'll be59 in less that a week and would love to lose 60 pounds by the time I'm 60. After a week of diet and excercise and barely a loss, I'm thinking I need to be more realistic. I would be happy with 30 by 60, even 20 by 60 - then maybe 30 by 61, 40 by 62, etc. I just really want to make a sustained progress to less weight, for the sake of my joints and heart health. I need to stay with this the rest of my life so I don't yoyo myself into an early grave. Endurance! I hope that starting this forum topic will help me stay focused.

Anyone else looking for support for a very long distance run at this?

Replies

• fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. Think if you lose a lb a week then 60 lbs over a year is realistic enough if you do it in a sustainable way. Needs to be a whole lifestyle change but try to break down the weghtloss into more manageable chunks as 60lbs sounds a lot. Have a mini goal of weightloss by Christmas.

I only joined a week or so ago. Had the app for ages but never used it, I am 43 and want to lose approx 14 lbs. Will probably want to do more after that but that is my first mini goal Good luck.
  • kimnteri
    Options
    Mini goals! I really should do that. I'm just sort of in love with the 60 by 60 theme. However, a pound a week is 60 weeks of mini goals, right? 14 by Christmas would be wonderful, wouldn't it? It's getting to be tough time of year. But I am more focused than in years past. I'm making it less complicated this time. Just counting calories. I've always eaten a lot of vegetable and fruits and made healthy choices overall. It's been the added calories with desserts, pizza nights, treats at work ... those were my downfall. I'm making it my mission to get control of the impulse eating.

Good luck to you too, fobs 13 and thanks for checking in.
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    My downfall is snacking at nightime in front of the telly! Add a glass of wine and I will snack for the night! I find if I remove this snacking habit I will lose the weight. We also do cakes for birthdays in work which are hard to avoid! It all choices isn't it and it is definately hard. Mini goals is the way to go alright.
  • MyTurn2BHappy
    MyTurn2BHappy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    That's a great goal! Feel free to add me as a friend! We can chat and support each other :)
  • NowIFeelYa
    NowIFeelYa Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good luck! you can do it
  • kimnteri
    Options
    One week, 1 pound. Steady as she goes.