cardio entries on mfp?

denisec26
denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
ok so i normally do jillian michaels banish fat dvd..and it kills me..i feel like im dying and ive been doing it for months and i still cant finish the whole thing..im ONE circuit away from being able to do the whole dvd..so i usually add it under circuit training and put 30-35 min.

so today i bought a dvd set. i did the cardio blast one. its 35 min long.
1. i feel like only prof. dancers could do this dvd because she goes so fast and its all steps i didnt know.so it was really hard to follow
2. theres no way i burned even close to the same amount of calories as i do with the other dvd..

so how do i enter it? if i put it under cardio-circuit training, i feel like too different dvds, with 2 very different results will be added here as the same amount of calories burned.

and my last question- in the dvd there as about 5 min. of strength training but i cant add it on this site because i dont know the names or the reps or for how long i did each 1...i just know i did 5 min worth. so how can i factor that in as well.

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    The only way to know most accurately is to buy a HRM. MFP only estimates cals burned. And everyone is different. Plus, like you said, there are different moves that are done and MFP does not know exactly what you did or what your velocity was.
  • denisec26
    denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
    yah i know. i want one bad but the even the cheap one at target is 50 bucks...that i dont have to spend on a heart rate mont. :(
This discussion has been closed.