Anyone else done this?

Options
So I thought I had lost some weight, tried on a pair of trousers and they were loose! I then went a bit mad and tried on everything in my wardrobe at 1 in the morning! Best feeling ever...

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Nice NSV. Congrats!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yup. I remember that day. I pulled out my favorite jeans from college and they fit perfectly. A great day.

Congrats!
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    Oh....that's "VERY" cool!!! :)
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    ha! yes I love this! one night recently I started cleaning house, thinking about what I was going to wear out the next night, ended up in my daughter's closet trying on her dresses (& sending her pics to show her my NSV). as a college student she was not as amused as I was...but yesterday she came by my office & told me I look skinny :smile:
  • Yoles79
    Yoles79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    that's what i look forward to doing the most. can't wait to be where you are at. congrats
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA!

I am so glad I am not the only one who has done this... too funny!!

:laugh:
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    One of my new favorites...unfortunately it's brother the "I put on my favorite ______ (insert blouse, skirt, pant, jeans...whatever) and it no longer fits because it's too big"...tends to tag a long as well.

Sorry, sorry, I am not usually a Debbie downer...

Congrats on your late night fashion show!! Keep it going!
  • asimonep
    asimonep Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's like going shopping :)

Congratulations!
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i sure did. should have gone to bed but ended up getting out a large bag and filling it with things that were too big for me now. went on to try on and wash or bunch of stuff from the closet. that bag of donatables got dropped off the next day. i have done alot of thrift store shopping and it was always such a bummer to try and find larger clothes, but no way was i spending hard earned money on new fat clothes. I had mixed emotions when i gave that bag away. i hoped someone else would be happy to find them and also felt some sorrow for that unknow person because i know how she feels shopping for large clothes.
  • Raemama
    Raemama Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly going through a season change and finding some surprising "new" clothes! I put on my favorite fall dress today - it's a soft jersey knit and is so comfy with a beautiful pattern - and IT DIDN'T FIT at all on top. I had to pin it because I didn't have time to change.
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I wore my addidas tracksuit to gym tonight, not wore since 2006/7. I bought it as my losing weight gift to myself after losing 3 1/2 stone which I unfortunately put back on slowly over the next so many years. Feels good that it fits again
  • busymomwithboys
    busymomwithboys Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    YUP!!! every couple of weeks.. no joke... and its always about 2am..

53644868.png
  • christhenix
    christhenix Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yep, it is an awesome feeling. :drinker:
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    So I thought I had lost some weight, tried on a pair of trousers and they were loose! I then went a bit mad and tried on everything in my wardrobe at 1 in the morning! Best feeling ever...

OMG!!! - Mine was last Friday night!!! :smile:

Me and hubby were in our room and we were hanging up some clean cloths and on my side it was really packed. My hubby looks over and says - "now that you've lost weight I think it's time to lose some of those" and he points to my stuffed full side of the closet.

I start pulling out cloths and trying things on.

I have almost an empty closet now - LOL - 3/4th of everything I tried on were all too big!

:laugh:
  • frozentrace
    frozentrace Posts: 60 Member
    Options

haha I've done that before.!! and then i whip out the measuring tape and measure myself to be sure I know what's my new size lol
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options

I do this like every month, pull out all my clothes and try them on. But the ****ty part is having to put them all away again!

Ha ha, yes. I have to be strong and make myself put away the thing I just took off before I try on the new thing, otherwise it's like a clothes explosion all over my bedroom.
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Have donr in the past and hope to do it again if I reach my goal. Love that feeling. Godd on you.
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Best feeling ever!! Followed by utter sadness about having thrown away a gorgeous pair of jeans that haven't fit for about 10 years and would be sooo nice to wear now! :-)

Well done you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!