low cal/ zero cal sparkling water

Options
I was just at Costco during my lunch hour and they were sampling this new water called Sparkling ICE...
it was pretty good, so I picked up a case.. zero calorie and has that fizz like pop does :)
anyone else try this? --- I'm from Canada so I'm sure that its been in the US for some time and maybe just new for us..

http://www.sparklingice.com/

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I was just at Costco during my lunch hour and they were sampling this new water called Sparkling ICE...
    it was pretty good, so I picked up a case.. zero calorie and has that fizz like pop does :)
    anyone else try this? --- I'm from Canada so I'm sure that its been in the US for some time and maybe just new for us..

http://www.sparklingice.com/

Im from the US and ive never heard of it..does it have a flavor or is it just water with bubbles? I dont like water with bubbles..i need flavor
  • jenifer4
    Options
    nope its actually flavored, it taste to me like JUICE.. but with the fizz like pop which is what I liked.
    they have six flavors I think, I tried the orange mango :)

I also dont like water with bubbles, I dont like any flavored water so was happy when I saw this.
    the sad thing is, costco only gets products in for a limited time then its gone, so after this case I probably will not be able to get it again.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    They have this everywhere in the us. You can get it at most grocery stores and usually it's the store brand - like sams club and such. They sometimes have them without the fizz- just flavor. Aquafina makes a flavored water that is yummy! I try to check the ingredients label because on some of the store brands they contain aspertaime (sp?). Aspertaime is known to give headaches and/or some other side effects. This stuff is a great way to get your water consumption in without the plain taste of water! Cheers!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    They have this everywhere in the us. You can get it at most grocery stores and usually it's the store brand - like sams club and such. They sometimes have them without the fizz- just flavor. Aquafina makes a flavored water that is yummy! I try to check the ingredients label because on some of the store brands they contain aspertaime (sp?). Aspertaime is known to give headaches and/or some other side effects. This stuff is a great way to get your water consumption in without the plain taste of water! Cheers!

Just dittoing.

In my opinion, the fake sugars aren't the best idea. They can cause additional sugar cravings - which most of us are trying to avoid. But, I do agree that sometimes you just need something other than straight up water. I just wouldn't use this often. :)
  • jenifer4
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I did a little more digging and I see it has splenda in it - still better then drinking a can of pop I would think...

Here is it...

Sparkling ICE is an excellent source of B-Vitamins, Vitamin D and antioxidants.

B-Vitamins are known to play an important role in helping your body obtain energy from food. They may also be important for normal appetite, healthy skin, good vision, a healthy nervous system and red blood cell formation. Vitamin D is widely known to play a significant role in overall health – in particular bone strength.

Sparkling Ice also contains Green Tea Extract, which is known to have powerful levels of antioxidants. Antioxidants are substances that protect your body’s cells from harmful molecules called free radicals. Free radicals are a by-product of your body’s normal processes, and are also thought to be caused by pollutants and other environmental exposure.

Sparkling ICE – Light & Refreshing, Zero Calories, Gluten Free, Caffeine Free, Sweetened with Splenda.
  • GingerSnark
    Options
    How is it calorie free if it contains fruit juice concentrate?

Fine, the artificial sweetener doesn't add more sugar but I don't buy that it's sugar & calorie free.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Looks neat, was it a good price? I was just at Costco Vaughan yesterday but picking up a vanity for our laundry room. I avoid the food there like the plague, sooooooo crazy busy and prices are almost never better than normal grocery stores. If I owned a box of 24 granola bars I’d just eat it but you may have found a reason for me to to return (with my mother’s membership card, sad how they don’t notice the 30 yr age difference LOL!)

From their website “Sparkling ICE is an excellent source of B-Vitamins, Vitamin D and antioxidants... slso contains Green Tea Extract, which is known to have powerful levels of antioxidants. Zero Calories, Gluten Free, Caffeine Free, Sweetened with Splenda.”

Therefore the only downside is splenda but that’s still less artificial than aspartame in pop so it sounds like a winner to me.

PS: to the American's, Sam's Club was shut down here, couldnt compete with Costco.
  • dmmsquared
    Options
    When I was visiting my sister-in-law a couple months ago, she gave me some La Croix Sparkling Water and I loved it. I've found it at just about every supermarket here in South Carolina and also at Costco. There are several flavors, but all of them are calorie-, sweetner-, and sodium-free.

http://www.lacroixwater.com/
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add that I usually see it in the bottled water isle. There are variations at all of the grocery stores in my area. I sometimes get one as a treat but I can almost never finish the whole bottle (they typically come extra large!) You can definitely taste the artificial sugars- they are very sweet. The aquafina ones are probably my favorite. although, they don't have the fizz some of you might like. :)
  • omnf809
    Options
    I drink Sparkling ICE everyday. Usually a couple of bottles with my usual arrow head bottled water as well. It breaks the monotomy of plain water.
  • GretaGirl8
    GretaGirl8 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I see this thread is a bit old, but I recently started drinking this product. I really love it even though it has splenda, food coloring and carbonation in it. I am a chronic snacker...this helps control cravings. don't get me wrong, it is probably no healthier than decaf diet soda, but the flavors are nice. it claims to have vitamins and antioxidants in it.
  • catniptam
    Options
    GretaGirl8 - I also drink a couple of bottles of it a day in an effort to wean myself off my diet soda addiction. (It's working.) I've made a pact with myself that for every bottle of Sparkling Ice I drink a day, I have to drink at least the same amount of natural water.
  • jh48200
    jh48200 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I especially enjoy the coconut/pineapple mixture. It is a great tasting drink without all the sugars of soda's etc. I am just curious about how good or bad this really is for you.
  • ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the Sparkling ICE as I haven't looked at the ingredients. I do try to avoid artificial sweeteners and chemicals. Definitely give La Croix a try. It's soda water with natural flavors from the essence of fruit oils. My fiancée and I have been drinking them for months and LOVE them.
  • Shabbydarigod
    Shabbydarigod Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just bought a case and the black raspberry is amazing ! I'm replacing my diet pop ... I want to get rid of Aspartame and the headaches .. Anyways there are 6 ingredients listed on the bottle so it makes me happy