Ladies, question about walking shoes

Options
So... I normally wear boots with high heels and platforms. I'm talking about anywhere from 3" to 5". I been trying to walk a lot, most on a treadmill at this time because it's been cold outside and when I wear sneakers or other flats my feet just KILL me after some time. I'm obviously not going to get on a treadmill wearing 5 inch heels... Does anyone have a similar problem? Have you discovered any type of sneakers that makes it less horrific? My aching feet thank you in advance for any advice.

Replies

• feexbee
    feexbee Posts: 21
    Options
    I would look into getting gel sole inserts! Or going to a specialized shoe store where they can properly fit your feet for a pair! :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I think it's a matter of taking time for your feet to adjust to walking in flat shoes.
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I added Arch supports, it helped tremendously!(just a 20.00 pair of Dr. Scholl"s, from Walmart).
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I added Arch supports, it helped tremendously!(just a 20.00 pair of Dr. Scholl"s, from Walmart).

This. I have incredibly high arches and any flat shoes hurt my feet.

You can go to a store that specializes in athletic shoes and have them fit you for the right shoe as well. I had no idea I was not wearing the right shoe for my gait, they switched my shoes and gave me one size larger than my dress shoe and boom, all pain gone. (my ankles and knees were hurting too)
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I used to wear nothing but heels...3" minimum would be my "casual run off to the grocery store or to check the mail" shoes LoL But for the longest, flat shoes and even sneakers hurt my feet *so* badly. I have very flat feet, and found that putting arch supports in my shoes helped *tremendously*. Now I can mix things up and wear cute flats...actually, now I have a lot of cute flats =D

Anyway, on the subject of walking shoes, just last week I bought Sketchers Go Walk sneakers, and I have to say, these are THE MOST AMAZING SNEAKERS EVERRR!!! I love them. I just got paid yesterday, and planning to buy a back up pair for myself, and a pair for my daughter too. I dont even need insoles with them, they just feel amazing as is.

Tried looking it up to link the ones I bought, but seems they are already on to Go Walk 2, and the ones I bought have been phased out (I got them on clearance at DSW) but GW2 also has raving reviews... So Im going to go and try those on to see if they fit the same.
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Got some stuff to work with here :)