Did Sertraline (Zoloft) make you gain weight?

I have been suffering from social anxiety disorder since I was 14. I can't relate to people or anyone and never had any friends in school. I was always a loner with no friends to hang out with in school and I would never talk to anyone in class.I would only go out with my family on holidays and weekends only but

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    No.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Sort of. It have me terrible panic attacks and I was constantly on the verge of freaking out, so I would eat. So...kind of, yes.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Nope I didn't gain on Sertraline. If anything I lost weight, because I was so fogged out while on it. Two car accidents in back to back days, couldn't remember where things were, forgot all my passwords...So I wasn't eating because I didn't remember to. Idon't take that one anymore obviously haha.

But it works for a lot of people. The thing to keep in mind with medications that can have a side effect of weight gain is, it's not necessarily the meds causing the gain. But it can mess with your hunger drive, and other things, causing you to eat more or want more or whatever. I think. Don't quote me on that.