FITBIT One or Flex

Options
OK, so my husband wants to know what I want for Christmas......so what I really want is a tracker. I have looked at the reviews and have decided that a Fitbit would be the best for me from reviews, what I want it to track (I want it to help with sleep quality too) and price range.
I like how the Flex is on your wrist, but I like how the One has the display thingy-me-bob.

My question is two-fold
...............can you wear the One on your wrist day and night (in the wrist band thingy) or do you have to wear it like a pedometer in the day and on the wrist just for sleeping.
...............which one do YOU think is the better model.

I would greatly appreciate some input MFPs :D

Replies

• Vaugirard15
    Vaugirard15 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've had all three-- the Zip, the Flex and the One. The Zip and One clip onto clothing. If you go that route, get a bright color so that they don't go through the wash (i.e. Fitbit death). Personally, the Flex works the best for me. I can wear it 24/7. The hardest part is remembering to charge, though you can get warnings via email and it does charge fairly quickly. The One is also chargeable. If you lose your charger, you're out of luck. The Zip uses a battery that lasts 4-6 months. In terms of functionality, the One counts "flights of stairs" which is really elevation changes and that was pretty buggy from my point of view. I'd go up and down the stairs at work and none of them would show but if I took a walk in the neighborhood, I'd get lots of elevation. So, I don't know if it just tracks better on the altimeter if you are also moving forward and not just up and down. Otherwise, you can do everything on the Flex that you can do on the One (track steps, sleep, active minutes). My One got stolen and I quickly went back to the Flex. I keep the Zip in a drawer for emergencies!
  • tytyvaughn
    Options
    I'd look into the Mizfit Shine, compared to the other ones it looks pretty awesome!
  • jojokmack
    jojokmack Posts: 117
    Options
    I'd look into the Mizfit Shine, compared to the other ones it looks pretty awesome!
    That looks SO COOL! The trouble is,.......I would need it to sync with my laptop as I only have a Samsung Fame phone and am not looking to upgrade :/ Do you know if it will sync with a laptop?
  • jdbeach_2000
    jdbeach_2000 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just switched from the flex to the one. I like the flex at home but at work I am always carrying something or pushing a cart or pallet jack and the flex didn't count most of those steps. And sometimes the cart would make it go to sleep because it has a bad wheel and shakes.

I couldn't wear the flex at night because I have carpal tunnel and it caused my hand to hurt at night.

I think if you really want something for your wrist then go with the flex. You can easily count the lights to get an idea if how many steps you've done.

The one thing the One has that the Flex doesn't is you can log exercises to compare later. So when I walk at work I just set timer when I start and end then later I can see how many steps I did.
  • HappierMe1023
    HappierMe1023 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I recently got the Fitbit One and I really like it. It's actually pretty cool to see how much (or how little) you are moving throughout the day. The other thing I like is that via the app I set multiple alarms throughout the day. I usually forget to drink enough water and am pretty sedentary at work. Each time the alarm goes off my Fitbit vibrates and reminds me to take a lap around the office and drink some water.

I personally like the One because I can clip it pretty much anywhere. I'll clip it onto my pants or onto my bra. Both the Flex and One are comparable. I didn't want the Flex because I like to wear pretty watches and jewelry and the Flex doesn't go with that (such a girl, I know).

The other thing that I disliked about the Flex is that it only has indicator lights on it to tell you how close you are to your daily goal on it. To see actual stats you have to log into the computer or look at your phone app. The One has an LED screen and each time you press the button on it the screen cycles through multiple displays. It will tell you right from the device how many steps you have taken, how many flights you have climbed, how many calories burned, the time and the last screen has a little flower that grows with your increasing activity.

Hope this helps!
  • whiskeybiz11
    whiskeybiz11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I echo HappierMe's response - The One is the best for me! You can see your progress on the app, desktop, or display. Plus, when you pick it up first thing in the morning, it gives you a little personal "pep talk" like "Let's go, Danielle!"

I love the One because I wear a watch on one hand and don't like anything on my right (dominant) hand when I'm typing/mousing at work. It's so discreet too - no one knows I'm wearing it even in a fancy dress out to a romantic dinner! :)

I recommend clipping it to the SAME place (I use my right bra strap near the cup) and clipping it so that IF it falls off, it would fall INTO your bra or pocket or other piece of clothing. I lost my first one in 2 weeks by just having it on my hip pocket (not turned inside) at a baseball game. What's amazing is that Fit Bit REPLACED it for FREE when I emailed their customer service. What a great company! Highly recommended.

Happy tracking!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I have a male friend who has a One and it's a bit more difficult for him to wear it than me. He clips his on his waistband. I clip mine right in the middle of my bra and I've never had it come off. No one can see it there no matter what I'm wearing. I'm more inclined to recommend the One for a female and the Flex for a male.

I've had my One for nearly two years. Where I wear it I'm less likely to miss it if it ends up in the laundry basket still attached. It's survived being chewed on by my dog when she was a puppy. I did have to replace the little silicon holder and the One now has a little puppy tooth mark but it works perfectly.

The One only has to be charged once every two weeks or so and it doesn't take too long. You can't really wear the sleep wristband for it all of the time. It's less than fashionable and it's made of black cloth. If you would rather go for something on your wrist, pick the Flex.
  • jojokmack
    jojokmack Posts: 117
    Options
    Hmmmm.............decisions decisions.............
    TY so much for your considered opinions :D You have all helped a lot :)
  • cheachea2
    cheachea2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks HappierME, SueInAz and whiskeybiz11 you just helped me make the final decision for the One.