Advise from ladies who have had or are having babies...

Options

Replies

• MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I know it's not what you were askin', but, I felt the need to share...

The Evolution of Mom

Yes, parenthood changes everything. But parenthood also changes with each baby. Here, some of the ways having a second and third child differs from having your first:

Your Clothes -

1st baby: You begin wearing maternity clothes as soon as your OB/GYN confirms your pregnancy.

2nd baby: You wear your regular clothes for as long as possible.

3rd baby: Your maternity clothes are your regular clothes.

The Baby's Name -

1st baby: You pore over baby-name books and practice pronouncing and writing combinations of all your favorites.

2nd baby: Someone has to name their kid after your great-aunt Mavis, right? It might as well be you.

3rd baby: You open a name book, close your eyes, and see where your finger falls. Bimaldo? Perfect!

Preparing for the Birth -

1st baby: You practice your breathing religiously.

2nd baby: You don't bother practicing because you remember that last time, breathing didn't do a thing.

3rd baby: You ask for an epidural in your 8th month.

The Layette -

1st baby: You prewash your newborn's clothes, color-coordinate them, and fold them neatly in the baby's little bureau.

2nd baby: You check to make sure that the clothes are clean and discard only the ones with the darkest stains.

3rd baby: Boys can wear pink, can't they?

Worries -

1st baby: At the first sign of distress - a whimper, a frown - you pick up the baby.

2nd baby: You pick the baby up when her wails threaten to wake your firstborn.

3rd baby: You teach your 3-year-old how to rewind the mechanical swing.

Activities -

1st baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics, Baby Swing, and Baby Story Hour.

2nd baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics.

3rd baby: You take your infant to the supermarket and the dry cleaner.

Going Out -

1st baby: The first time you leave your baby with a sitter, you call home 5 times.

2nd baby: Just before you walk out the door, you remember to leave a number where you can be reached.

3rd baby: You leave instructions for the sitter to call only if she sees blood.

At Home -

1st baby: You spend a good bit of every day just gazing at the baby.

2nd baby: You spend a bit of every day watching to be sure your older child isn't squeezing, poking, or hitting the baby.

3rd baby: You spend a little bit of every day hiding from the children.

BWAHAHAH this is funny but sad at the same time... I'm the youngest out of 6
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    If you are already having symptoms (if you are pregnant) you may be surprised to see how early you can get a positive test. Otc.

I doubt a doctor would give a blood test, especially this early. The doctor will say it's too soon to know.
    Mine could tell I was pregnant without doing ANY test. My mother knew by the way I smelled.

It was weird.

I knew someone that worked in a restaurant. A customer congratulated her on her pregnancy. She said she wasn't pregnant. The customer said that she is a midwife and could tell she was pregnant because of her scent. Told her to take a test or see her doctor. Turns out she was 6 months pregnant.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I know it's not what you were askin', but, I felt the need to share...

The Evolution of Mom

Yes, parenthood changes everything. But parenthood also changes with each baby. Here, some of the ways having a second and third child differs from having your first:

Your Clothes -

1st baby: You begin wearing maternity clothes as soon as your OB/GYN confirms your pregnancy.

2nd baby: You wear your regular clothes for as long as possible.

3rd baby: Your maternity clothes are your regular clothes.

The Baby's Name -

1st baby: You pore over baby-name books and practice pronouncing and writing combinations of all your favorites.

2nd baby: Someone has to name their kid after your great-aunt Mavis, right? It might as well be you.

3rd baby: You open a name book, close your eyes, and see where your finger falls. Bimaldo? Perfect!

Preparing for the Birth -

1st baby: You practice your breathing religiously.

2nd baby: You don't bother practicing because you remember that last time, breathing didn't do a thing.

3rd baby: You ask for an epidural in your 8th month.

The Layette -

1st baby: You prewash your newborn's clothes, color-coordinate them, and fold them neatly in the baby's little bureau.

2nd baby: You check to make sure that the clothes are clean and discard only the ones with the darkest stains.

Worries -

1st baby: At the first sign of distress - a whimper, a frown - you pick up the baby.

2nd baby: You pick the baby up when her wails threaten to wake your firstborn.

3rd baby: You teach your 3-year-old how to rewind the mechanical swing.

Activities -

1st baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics, Baby Swing, and Baby Story Hour.

2nd baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics.

3rd baby: You take your infant to the supermarket and the dry cleaner.

Going Out -

1st baby: The first time you leave your baby with a sitter, you call home 5 times.

2nd baby: Just before you walk out the door, you remember to leave a number where you can be reached.

3rd baby: You leave instructions for the sitter to call only if she sees blood.

At Home -

1st baby: You spend a good bit of every day just gazing at the baby.

2nd baby: You spend a bit of every day watching to be sure your older child isn't squeezing, poking, or hitting the baby.

3rd baby: You spend a little bit of every day hiding from the children.

Love, love, love this!! I only had two, but I can totally imagine the truth in every word! :flowerforyou:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You might be pregnant or it might be psychosomatic.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

The Layette -

Yup. And they can ride pink bikes too. ::shrug::
  • dMonster01
    dMonster01 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Definitely pregnant. Congratulations!!!!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    keep-calm-ebola-is-coming.png
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    When I got Will pregnant he kept complaining about how I ruined his body and how he might never sit again.

Um, takes two buddy.
  • skullshank
    Options
    When I got Will pregnant he kept complaining about how I ruined his body and how he might never sit again.

Um, takes two buddy.

but you told me you were on some male pill or something.
    YOU JUST WANTED TO KEEP ME 4 URSLF!

i was so butt hurt.
    (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    PMS, the flu, or pregnant.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You might be pregnant or it might be psychosomatic.
    ^This.

But to be honest, I think it's way too early to have any symptoms. Usually the first real symptom to show is cramps... like your period is coming... only it never does. Most symptoms don't show up until you are 6 weeks pregnant... which would be 2 weeks after your period is due.

That's not to say some women aren't more sensitive or don't get symptoms that early... but more often than not, it's too early.

There are OTC pregnancy tests that can detect up to 6 days before your period is due. If you test "early" make sure to use your first morning urine, as it would have the highest concentration of HCG (pregnancy hormone).
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

I have been getting slight headaches, all over bodyache, tender/sore breasts, unusual fatigue, nausea, increased nipple sensitivity and appetite increase.

I feel this way when I find a coupon for the local buffet.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Could be but could also be PMS.

The first things I noticed when I became pregnant with my first son (this is before it was confirmed with a positive test) was I was super tired (like way out of the ordinary), my boobs hurt A LOT and yeah, I was late.. I didn't get morning sickness with my first. Fast forward to my second pregnancy, no symptoms, just a late period.

Good luck and hope you get the news you are hoping for!

Edited to add more.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I havent responded up until I know. I got home from work and went for a sleep.
    I don't think it is PMS. I don't normally get this bad so soon. Normally its the day before and no so extreme and I definatly don't need to sleep before dinner.

Thank you for all your responses.
    I am on holiday in Italy next week so I may stay away from the wine and Lemoncello until I know for sure :-)
  • wheird
    Options

Um, takes two buddy.

i was so butt hurt.
    (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

Yeah, male enhancement pills. I thought you understood when I made you call me Bob and ask what my Biiiiig Secret was...
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options

Um, takes two buddy.

i was so butt hurt.
    (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞
    Wait, you're BOTH cheating on me?!?!? I need a quart of ice cream.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Sometimes your mind can play tricks on you and give you the same effects. You can get a test that is a week before your period and test. Good Luck!
  • wheird
    Options

Um, takes two buddy.

i was so butt hurt.
    (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

It was a threesome that you didnt show up to!
  • skullshank
    Options

Um, takes two buddy.

i was so butt hurt.
    (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

Yeah, male enhancement pills. I thought you understood when I made you call me Bob and ask what my Biiiiig Secret was...

tumblr_m5a4wwjVqR1r8058ko1_400.gif
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options

Um, takes two buddy.

i was so butt hurt.
    (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

It was a threesome that you didnt show up to!
    Whatevs, you could have texted when you started!