thinking of joining a boot camp

Options
I have been trying to put in the extra effort to get more exercise in my daily routin. The Gym tends not to be a good option for me .... I have recently trying to do sit up push up and notice that i have never really been taught and think that form is horrible. I was thinking of getting a personal trainer but its too expensive for my budget. I found a local boot camp that meets three days a week early in the morning and was thinking this might be a better option then the gym or a personal trainer. I have never been to a boot camp before and i am a little nervous. Any advice, suggestion or thoughts?

Replies

• irishlass38
    irishlass38 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love bootcamp! You will be in shape in no time! It really targets those muscles. It's a great class to help you burn fat! Tell them it's your first time and they will help modify things (if you need to).
  • hmjohnson25
    hmjohnson25 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love my bootcamp, Kaia FIT. They have a bunch here in CA. Look for Groupons, too. The workouts are challenging and they change every day. You'll get hooked on the atmosphere.
  • MichaleneRN
    MichaleneRN Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Go for it! I have never been athletic in my life. I have started a 6 week bootcamp for women and I absolutely LOVE it. To give an example of how out of shape I was: my first session I could only do 6 burpees in a minute ( I didnt even know what a burpee was before this) and 17 sit ups( and that was pushing it!) :noway:
    I don't know the time on my run, but I know was pathetic since the other girls were all packed up to leave (yet waited to cheer me on) when I was crawling back to the finish line gasping for a breath. :embarassed:
    Anyway, I am in my fourth week and I am so glad to be in this bootcamp. I have met an amazingly supportive group of women who really are a ton of fun to work out with and share successes and struggles.
    My advice to you is to go into it challenging yourself.
    I have gone from 6 burpees to about 25 (in three weeks) and I can also do many many more situps -plus I can actually finish my run with little or no walking.
    Good Luck- Go for it.....HAVE FUN!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Go for it! I do things in my bootcamp that I would never do on my own or have access to the type of equipment or knowledge of the instructor that bootcamp offers. I also love the camaraderie. I've done outdoor and indoor ones and combo ones. As long as there is no grass involved I'm good. My allergies can't take it otherwise. I agree that it is a better option financially then a personal trainer. My classes are small so it feels very personalized. Good luck!
  • monzter
    monzter Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Do it....my wife and I used to do a bootcamp together and it was the only time in the last 10 years that i've felt truly fit. Wish I still had the time to do it, but life has kind of gotten in the way :)