Only 17.5 lbs, why is it so hard.

marshellamae
marshellamae Posts: 15 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there,

I am a wife and mother of 3, i work full time. Over the past few years i have gained around 4-6 lbs every year that just will not go away. By no means do i think i am overweight, but i am not comfortable the size i am. When every pair of pants in your closet dont fit, it's kinda sad. I try dieting and after about 2 weeks of doing good i "TREAT" myself, which always ends up with the same reults. I have started this new year with a few family and friends joining me in our getting healthy and feeling good goals. i am afraid though that it end up just me and I wont succeed. I am simply looking for a support group of people in a similiar situation to help keep the motivation going.

On day 2

Replies

• laceygirl2318
    laceygirl2318 Posts: 12 Member
    I am also a working wife and mother of three, and have definitely been on the cycle you describe. I have also come to the point where I'm just not comfortable in my own skin, and none of my jeans fit anymore either. I've determined that this was the year to get healthy and to get moving, no more excuses...not dieting just to lose weight, but making necessary changes for my overall health and well-being as well. I'm on day 5 and so far so good, but I know its really hard. Maybe start thinking about it in terms of lifestyle changes instead of diet? I'm hoping this perspective adjustment works for me. lol Just wanted you to know that you are not alone, and to keep up the hard work. The end results are well worth it! :-)
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    You have found your support group! It's good you have home support, too. Keep logging in honestly and consistantly, and you will find that even though hard, it's not impossible. You really can do it! Be honest, and keep making better choices and exercise.
  • marshellamae
    marshellamae Posts: 15 Member
    Thank you for your support, i am definitly going to try my hardest to change my life style habits and have the body image I will be satisfied with. Good Luck on your journeys as well.
This discussion has been closed.