What's your favorite bread product and brand?

Options
My favorite is Thomas' Original English Muffins. I just eat them plain and they are so good!

Replies

• alska
    alska Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    all the ones baked fresh at the bakery .. waaa

I try not to eat it though .... too high in calories :( So I stick to my 35 calorie bread (Nickles).
  • Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin - Love that stuff!
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    My homemade honey whole wheat - but I eat too much of it. :frown: Love good bakery bread, but the same problem. Currently I am buying Brownberry whole wheat sandwich thins (100 cal, 5 g fiber) and Brownberry Extra Fiber Whole Wheat (90 cal/slice, 4 g. fiber).
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    There is a take'n bake bread (multi grain) that I love.

I eat it plain. I cut it into 1 or 2 oz pieces.

I think most grocery stores have these take and bake breads and rolls now. My stores brand is Culinary Circle.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Fresh bakery bread hands down. Especially brioche :love: My favorite of all is 'cramique' from Belgium. I'd eat the whole loaf if I could (it's sweetened bread with pieces of sugar inside). Haven't had one in 15 years :cry:

Packaged stuff, probably the Pepperidge Farm swirl breads, any kind really... but obviously only go with sweet stuff (delicious for French toast though). Otherwise, Ezekiel English muffins.
  • toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bon Appe Artisan Greek Feta & Olive Focaccia Bread from Walmart of all places...it is awesome. first time I bought it I ate half the loaf in one day but now I portion it in weighed servings and freeze it.

I love bread
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I love bread, and eat it all the time.

I like- walmart's the bakery french bread, its like 950 calories for the whole damn loaf. Delicious.

Hyvee's hard rolls. I store the bag in the freezer, and microwave them one at a time, as needed. 110 calories per roll.

generic cheap sandwich white and sandwich wheat breads, the brand i buy is 110 calories for 2 slices.

Shullsberg creamery cinnamon raisin bagels-240 cals per bagel. Wonderful taste.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I make a European-style 100% rye that resembles a doorstop. Rye is healthy stuff and extra tasty so a thin slice of the rye brick has enough flavor and chewiness that it really satisfies.

A real loaf of this bread takes the care and feeding of a sourdough starter and days of prep for "preferments" and the like. I can't be bothered.

My easy/lazy rye doorstop recipe is
    600g rye flour
    12g yeast
    12g salt
    30 to 40g of molasses
    30g of vital wheat gluten (to provide structure and enhance chewiness)

and 550g/ml of whey from draining yogurt or making cheese (or water with 30g of dried buttermilk powder or a splash of vinegar to get sourness)

Stir it all together in a bowl. Wait 1 hour. Stir it again. Wait a second hour. Preheat oven to 275F Grease and flour (or use cornmeal) a bread pan. Flop the dough into the pan. Wet your hand and flatten the dough into a loaf, getting any air out of the corners of the pan. Bake for 90 minute to 2 hours. Use an instant read thermometer to check doneless. The bread is done at 210F. Cool on a rack. Slice thin to serve.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Tex-mex style flour tortillas that I make. It's absolute TORTURE to make them and not be able to eat any (I can't have wheat due to autoimmune conditions). ZOMG, I just made some tonight.... they were so thick and puffy and tender and I gave my poor husband the stink eye during the entire meal as I endured my tiny, flat corn tortillas.
  • amy_lynn007
    amy_lynn007 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Franz French toast bread! Thick and has cinnamon swirled in. Makes excellent French toast, or delicious by itself :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Pillsbury buttery crescent rolls. OMG.

Thomas' English Muffins

Almost any raisin bread or blueberry muffin.

Do donuts count? Donuts. Especially Krispy Kreme with raspberry filling and Dunkin Donuts blueberry. But almost any donut. I bet I could eat a baker's dozen right now, in one sitting.
  • emmacken
    emmacken Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Does Wells Banana Bread beer count? That stuff is freakin' delicious!
  • cylence82
    Options
    sandwich thins. Fewer calories, whole grains, and they don't overpower a sandwich with too much bread. Not as good on egg salad or pulled pork though because you really need a regular bread to soak up the juices.
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Country Harvest sunflower flax bread

Ace Bakery rosemary and sesame seed hamburger buns
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Favorite? Home made/farmers market.

What do I eat? Stupid Arnolds 100 calorie rolls.