REMOVE: Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games!!!

Options

Replies

• srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I think what you should really ask for is the ability to choose what forums you see over to the right. Just because you can't appreciate a little humor to get you through the day doesn't mean everyone is like that. I wish we could get rid of people that don't know how to use the search but I don't ask them to be banned!

I would be okay with it if those people were banned.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    There is no avoiding seeing it on the community feed. The majority of people post on there so I need to weed through them until I can find a subject that actually interests and motivates me.

Here's a crazy idea…if you know the subject you're interested in you could do a search for it. Crazy I know…

Also, yes this is a weight loss site, however, while losing weight people need to live their lives too. Living includes connecting, and laughing at things in Chit-Chat, fun and games. So if you don't like it, then don't look at it. Do as I suggested above and search. Or click on the view all forums, then click on the forum you want to go into.

tumblr_lunn3ziiFU1qfjd5jo1_250.gif

ibdPhjvOBSHo7f.gif
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I think we should be able to filter the sections we do / don't want to see there ... that would make everyone happy.

How about it MFP ?
  • da_bears1008
    Options
    Some of you might call me a Debbie Downer but i'd say the majority of the posts in this section has have NOTHING to do with weight loss. Maybe thats the point of it, but it is annoying to see chat threads come up "would you bone the person above you", "what sport did the person above you play in high school" blah blah blah..

I really wish MFP had an option to just remove this section completely from the feed. It has zero benefit for me, and I think there are a lot of people on here who are not here for weight loss and fitness instead using this section as myspace, or worse yet- Plenty of Fish dating site.

OK that is my rant- I know there is nothing I can do to remove it, but most of you are annoying me!! :)

sooooo deactivate?
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Well done posting this in the chit chat fun and games board :noway:
  • da_bears1008
    Options
    also... 10/10 would punch in face
  • lookinggoodkel
    lookinggoodkel Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I don't use half of mfp but it doesn't piss me off so much that I complain!!!

really get a life
  • srslybritt
    Options
    I think we should be able to filter the sections we do / don't want to see there ... that would make everyone happy.

How about it MFP ?

Here:
    Look!! Look! Shortly you'll be able to do just that! Opt out of parts of the board that don't interest you or have any value to you. Link is below on the coming changes!

Olivia's link to the MFP changes! "Please read this important (and exciting) announcement about our upcoming forum upgrade!" http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1691231
  • srslybritt
    Options
    also... 10/10 would punch in face

You... I like you.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I can't do it, say it isn't so!

"but who is gonna love me!?"
    SN1_zps4ae4e621.gif
    cry2520pagk6z.gif
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    OP sounds fun. I want him on my FL. :noway: Oops. I think I actually posted this.
  • Original_Sinner
    Original_Sinner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hey Debbie.....

i knew a Debbie once....she wasn't too much of a downer...no...she made movies...

special movies....

movies that you had to look for.....so that others wouldn't have to see them.

maybe just maybe, you know...

go in the sub communities and stay in there, then you won't be hit in the face with the gargantuan chit chat that you find hard to swallow...

How about that Debbie.

it's a thought. I try to be helpful.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    is this a TOM thread?
  • LittleTonk1
    Options
    *yawn*
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    C'mon guys....this is serious!
  • lookinggoodkel
    lookinggoodkel Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    C'mon guys....this is serious!

sorry really lol
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Yes others get irritable during TOM as well.
  • Original_Sinner
    Original_Sinner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    is this a TOM thread?

no no no no...it's the other guy...
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I think it makes a tighter-knit community. Kinda like how talking around the water cooler makes your coworkers more tolerable. And if you don't like to talk around the water cooler, then you have the option to just... not.
This discussion has been closed.