What about you would surprise us?

Options

Replies

• melaniedelane
    melaniedelane Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The thing that surprises people about me, is that I live on a ranch, and can deliver a calf, cut calves, all that has to do with raising cattle, and also raise trophy size whitetail bucks. And that I was within weeks of death, when I received 2 new lungs, and was out of the hospital in 7 days, when they had given me a 1% chance. I was listed and transplanted within 28 days.
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    The thing that surprises people about me, is that I live on a ranch, and can deliver a calf, cut calves, all that has to do with raising cattle, and also raise trophy size whitetail bucks. And that I was within weeks of death, when I received 2 new lungs, and was out of the hospital in 7 days, when they had given me a 1% chance. I was listed and transplanted within 28 days.

Glad you are alive and well now!

I was on the Academic Decathlon team.
  • rudarbe
    rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That my huge calves are genetics and NO, I don't work them out often. Only at most once a week, and sometimes not even that much.
  • jelie3110
    jelie3110 Posts: 433
    edited December 2014
    Options
    That I was an acrobat in a circus as a child.
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    That I sang with a local symphony orchestra for 2 years. Unfortunately that was a long time ago, before smoking took its toll on my lovely voice. :-(
  • melaniedelane
    melaniedelane Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Glad you are alive and well now!

I was on the Academic Decathlon team.

Thanks, I am doing great now!!! :blush:

• veemcee
    veemcee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My dad passed away and my ex and I called off our wedding in the middle of me studying for the bar exam...and somehow I still managed to pass.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm a really good watercolor artist.
  • mehwhatever
    mehwhatever Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've been through tragedy after tragedy, my parents were in their 40s when they had me, so I grew up in funeral homes because all of my great aunts and uncles, grandparents and even some cousins were passing away. In 2009, my sister, who was my only sibling died of a heroin overdose. Last year, I broke up with my fiance of 6 years because I caught him cheating on me with my "best friend." I could go on and on with more unfortunate crap that's happened to me, but I'm definitely not a downer so I'll leave it at that.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Ave sixty nine personalities
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    And can't spell to save my life lol
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm taking Salsa and ballet lessons.
  • sydneydeb
    sydneydeb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I do not have any kids and I knew even as a 5 year old that I never wanted any. Through the years people kept telling me I would change my mind...guess they were WRONG!

Good on you!!! I've also been told since I was a teenager that I'd change my mind about not wanting kids. I was steralised at 23 and have never regretted it.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    sydneydeb wrote: »
    I do not have any kids and I knew even as a 5 year old that I never wanted any. Through the years people kept telling me I would change my mind...guess they were WRONG!

Good on you!!! I've also been told since I was a teenager that I'd change my mind about not wanting kids. I was steralised at 23 and have never regretted it.

Same here - everyone tried to tell me since I was a teenager that I would change my mind. I got a vasectomy when I was 20 and haven't regretted it one bit.
  • holagatita
    holagatita Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I don't put up the xmas family card pics people send me. lol why would I want your kids on my fridge? (unless its family) lol
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be a Grandmother for the third time this Summer! :)
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I touched the Liberty Bell. Moral of the story...
    DON'T TOUCH THE LIBERTY BELL!
  • CooperSprings
    CooperSprings Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I like to belly dance.
    Mind you, I didn't say I was good at it. :p
  • vasairiah
    vasairiah Posts: 5,187 Member
    Options
    I'm actually a decent pencil artist. I love drawing faces
  • splashtree5
    splashtree5 Posts: 210 Member