Weight loss

Could I lose weight just by walking and no strenth tranning.Could I get a flat stomach just by walking everyday and watching what I eat

Replies

• Memowe
    Memowe Posts: 137 Member
    You can do whatever you put your heart into!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Weight loss can be achieved by diet alone. Without strength training you will risk losing existing muscle. I can't say for sure whether or not you will be able to achieve the look your after without some sort of strength training.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Caloric deficit = weight loss, exercise is for health.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Yes
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    You can certainly lose weight by walking combined with an appropriate calorie deficit. If you want muscle tone, you'll need to lift. I will say that doing low level cardio on a calorie deficit is a good way to reduce your metabolic rate, which can lead to plates though, so be attentive to that.

Allan
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    i'm probably the picture child for losing my weight without being too active. i just eat at a deficit.
    but i have a decently active job so that helps i think.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Calories in < Calories out = weight loss.
    Exercise helps with health, strength training helps keep your existing muscle. Exercise allows you to eat more calories.

The first time I tried to lose weight (in 2010 I believe) I did not do any exercise at all. I ate 1200 (500 less than my TDEE since I was completely inactive) and lost about 15 pounds. Eventually I got sick of how little food I ate and stopped tracking. Now I exercise in order to eat more calories and I've stuck with it for almost two years. I mostly just do walking but incorporate other exercise too.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    First part of your question; You can lose weight with 'just' walking as long as you're at a caloric deficit overall.

Second part of your question: you probably will not get the stomach look you want with just cardio & calorie counting. Toning the muscles makes things 'look' better.