Any Nashville Know It All's? Really - I need to hear from yo

Options
treetz1979
treetz1979 Posts: 108 Member
My husband and I, plus two other couples, are planning a long weekend to downtown Nashville in late June or early September. We've had plenty of people tell us the basics, but I am looking for specifics.

I am looking for insider tips, best places to go (besides the obvious Grand Ole Opry or Country Music Hall of Fame), hotel insider info, shuttle services, heck even parking!

Here's the basics you may need to know to offer some advice: We are all in our 30s looking to have a blast, love dive bars, local hangouts, and live music. We are driving so need to park somewhere, and would prefer to stay downtown and walk as much as possible.

Like I said, I can find a lot of info on the web about these things, but I am looking for real stories, real experiences, etc. Thanks MFP!!!

Replies

• nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    treetz: I just recently moved to franklin (about 30 minutes south of Nashville) and have heard of some cool places in the city to go... One is called the Smiling Elephant- I have been there it is a unique and awesome thai food restaurant (and totally authentic) they even grow their own teas. Also there is a burger place called Burger Up that is totally hip and offers all different types of burgers (even different types of meats) that is a place where many people who live in nashville go to hang out. The address for Burger Up is 2901 12th Avenue South Nashville TN, 37204 and the Smiling Elephant is 2213 8th Ave South
    Nashville, TN 37204.

Hope this helps!! Also here is a good website to some not so known stuff http://www.squidoo.com/SeeNashville

Enjoy - if you have any questions let me know, Im new to the area too, but will try to help best I can. :D

~nisha rae