Day 2 on Fitness Pal - I need ADVICE PLEASE!

Options
Hello Everyone. Today is day 2 for me on this site. It is my last resort. If anyone can give me ideas/advice/suggestions on how someone who is already active and not overweight can loose 10-20 pounds, please let me know. I work out already 5-6 days a week and I generally already eat healthy Mon-Fri, and I do eat what I want on Saturday's and Sundays. My main focus is to loose weight in the hips and thighs, but since we can't target a specific area, I am on this mission to loose atleast 10 pounds and keep it off.

I already mix up my routines at the gym. Lots of kickboxing, turbo kick, spin, running, boxing, zumba, etc. I just started the P90X program. I am on day 35, still no weight loss. I eat 1500 calories a day..........Please HELP!

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Umm... It sounds like you have a good handle on what you are doing, but just so you have some answers, here are my thoughts:

-pay attention to your nutrients- the mix of carbs, protein, etc.
    -follow MFP- use your food diary, don't fudge- count everything.
    -Perhaps cut out your cheat days on the weekends, or cut back to one cheat day, not two.
    -Keep the cheat day but still log, if the weight sticks, at least you can review and see why it is?
    -Use a heart rate monitor to measure calories burned during exercise, eat back only that amount of calories or up until your goal on MFP.

Hope That Helps.
    -Beth
  • mrsdiaz
    mrsdiaz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above and would offer one extra piece ... maybe look at going under the 1500 calorie mark, even if its only down to 1400.
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I started out with about the same goals as you: I weighed 148 and wanted to get down to 130. I am just a few pounds away from my goal weight now, but let me tell you, it has been a lot of hard work. I didn't lose weight for the first 4 or 5 weeks either, which was frustrating to say the least. And I've had my share of plateaus since then. My advice would be to count everything that you eat and everything that you burn at the gym, and really stick to the goals they give you on this site. Also, drink lots of water to help you metabolism do what it needs to do. It will come!
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds crazy but take some time off from the workouts... I had to take a couple of weeks off due to an injury but continued to watch my calorie intake (I took it down to 1250 per day) and I lost 7 lbs. I had been at a plateau for a bout 2 months before that and was VERY surprised! (I'm not overweight but hadn't reached my pre pregnancy weight)
    The other thing that seemed to make a difference for me is that I was addicted to diet pop and another 5 lbs came off without trying when I gave up the aspartame. Strange but true! My doctor says it has to do with the way the digestive system responds when it thinks a sugar food/drink is being consumed but no calories are present in it.
    This is a great site, I hope you enjoy!
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi There and Welcome! :smile:

I think the other ladies gave great suggestions. I'm in the same boat you are. I carry most of my weight in my hips and legs. I am only wanting to loose about another 10 lbs and be lean, tone, strong and healthy.

I've lost weight using this site, but is has been slow. But from what I've read - that is the healthy way to do it and I couldn't agree more.

Also I make sure do a few of these things:
    1. Log all food into MFP. I don't do cheat days, BUT I don't deprive myself of going out and enjoying food I love as well. But I exercise more to make up for it.
    2. I drink lots of water and watch my sodium intake. I can tell that if I'm not hydrated or if I'm not watching sodium I tend to bloat up and add on a pound or so.
    3. I eat lots of fiber and vitamin C to keep my digestive system on track.
    4. Try to get plenty of sleep and stay as stress free as possible.
    5. Breakfast. I eat breakfast every day and eat about 4-5 meals a day. This has really helped with my metabolism.
    6. I also make sure I'm eating enough every day to give my body fuel for the workouts.

MFP has me on a 1200 calorie mark. I stick to that and also exercise almost every day.

Good luck! :flowerforyou: